Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Realsense add-on question

Reaction score
Most of the talk about RealSense is the ability to avoid obstacles.

I was wondering, if I add on a module to my H, will it - or how much will it - help to help the unit with positioning? I find my H is pretty good at staying in one spot, but not so much that I feel good about flying it in tighter areas.

For example, I was attempting to do a shot going down a road covered with trees. The path was clear, but with drift I was still afraid of a crash. I'm talking both side-side drift and also altitude. I find my H tends to slowly sink. I know others have mentioned this as well.

Now with RS I know a crash might not happen, but how much drift?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's a dumb question.

Certainly not a dumb question. You did not directly mention IPS, but of course that is one of its stated purposes.
Yuneec has said it is for flying indoors with GPS OFF, but there is little info on outdoor use to stabilize lateral movement.

I tested mine early on, outside, and it did not seem to help. Not tried it since last updates.
Also note that GPS can be operative in light foliage cover, although risky. Did you check that at the location mentioned?

The GPS was fine, but in tight situations a few feet of drift (which is within bounds of GPS) can really wreck a shot (and a machine!). Wondering what other peoples real-world reactions are to this... TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430