Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Realsense question

Ditto because it mak

Ditto because it makes me nervous.
When you click the cruise control on your car are you nervous? When you have the lane assist turned on on your car do you cringe as it warns you that you are drifting on the road. Real Sense is similar to these either, you try them and become familiar with them or forget about them. ;)
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Buddy Collins
Sorry mike but I never use cruise control. I like my 3 "h" drones and the first one came without it. I also want to not crash anymore and haven't in ages because I like taking care of my investments. I know that the obs on dji is great because a former colleague of mine has a mavic pro or the next model up from the mini and no problems whitewater rafting. He's also a bad pilot.

Sorry mike but I never use cruise control. I like my 3 "h" drones and the first one came without it. I also want to not crash anymore and haven't in ages because I like taking care of my investments. I know that the obs on dji is great because a former colleague of mine has a mavic pro or the next model up from the mini and no problems whitewater rafting. He's also a bad pilot.

I'm with you I don't want any more crashes either.
I have had my share and if this stage of the game with parts getting harder to find who needs the headaches not me.

Even though I know deep down sooner or later something will most likely go wrong.
K Kuhn

Well I gave it another whirl but more daring than the previous time. Yes it really works walking around trees etc. I just don't know when I will use it.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Well I gave it another whirl but more daring than the previous time. Yes it really works walking around trees etc. I just don't know when I will use it.
Nice one Peter. Now when you fly your bird with RS turned on it's like having a second pair of eyes now. Yes its not perfect but what it?
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
One crash landing due to the RS individual decisions will close all for eyes for a long time. But probably I'm not right, who knows...

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
I'm with you I don't want any more crashes either.
I have had my share and if this stage of the game with parts getting harder to find who needs the headaches not me.

Even though I know deep down sooner or later something will most likely go wrong.
K Kuhn
Yep sh*^ happens as your man hood grows over time, most crashes are self inflicted. Ever notice after a crash the next few flights how cautious you are, until those man hood parts grow again.. Just nothing more than my take because its all fun, and games as long as its only the drone that gets hurt???

Yep sh*^ happens as your man hood grows over time, most crashes are self inflicted. Ever notice after a crash the next few flights how cautious you are, until those man hood parts grow again.. Just nothing more than my take because its all fun, and games as long as its only the drone that gets hurt???

I understand exactly what you're saying. I remember when I first got my typhoon H and was learning I was so amazed.

And you want to get another antenna to see that it can go further inside oh my God but I have finally learned line of sight.

Because I know deep in my heart sooner or later something will go wrong it just seems to be the nature of the Beast.
Lord Help Us
We are just children.
Keith Kuhn

The RealSense units on the TH (H480) are v1. The only time they can affect flight parameters is with the OBS switch in the full down position. If the unit is mounted on the aircraft it draws power whether OBS is enabled or not.

The TH Plus/H520 uses RealSense v2. It only affects flight parameters when OBS is enabled and like v1 it draws power whether OBS is enabled or not.

Both versions of RealSense are really only useful in two instances. The first is in FollowMe/WatchMe modes and the other is in IPS (indoor positioning) mode. If RealSense is not mounted there cannot be IPS mode.

The RealSense versions are not interchangeable and there is no user installable firmware to convert one to the other.
I recently purchased and installed a Realsense unit on my H (non plus), haven't taken it for a flight yet but I have powered it on to make sure things seem happy and everything seems to be in order. When I went to check the firmware, the Realsense said version 2.01, does this mean I got the incorrect Realsense unit? On the screen it was showing the bars indicating it knew I was sitting right in front of it, so on the ground it appears to be alright. I don't want my H to go crazy when I try to fly it.

To my knowledge RealSense v2 is for the H+ and H520. Where did you purchase the RealSense module? Did the seller advertise it being compatible with the Typhoon H (H480)?

You can get on the Yuneec website and submit a support ticket. You should get an answer via email within a week. Any answer will likely come from Yuneec Europe via their Kayako site.

Reactions: Pier2162
I purchased it off the YuneecSkins.com website in their Typhoon H section of parts, and they state that it fits the Typhoon H and H Pro. If the unit wasn't compatible, would there be some telltale sign that it's not working? I still haven't tried flying with it yet, but when I powered it on it seemed it was detected and working. I was thinking of heading over to my local rc airfield to see if it'll fly, and maybe test the sensors by walking in front of it while hovering. First thing I did notice is that now the altitude seems to be much more accurate than before. Stayed 0 on the ground and went to 6ft when I lifted it to my head level (I'm 6'2'') going very smoothly as I went. Is altitude detection near the ground another perk of the unit granted it's working?

some folks like h_elsner really like it and others say get rid of it. I messed with it a bit and it works but can't see me doing much with it except add a list of tree crashes. Don't need any help with that.?

I had one instance where I was doing a CCC in a parking lot somewhat orbiting around my car with some slight elevation changes, and when it was returning to the first point, it lowered in altitude enough that it almost dragged the camera across the ground. So after that I was looking for a possible solution to that problem.

I had one instance where I was doing a CCC in a parking lot somewhat orbiting around my car with some slight elevation changes, and when it was returning to the first point, it lowered in altitude enough that it almost dragged the camera across the ground. So after that I was looking for a possible solution to that problem.
With CCC missions you have to be very cautious with placement of your waypoints. CCC missions fly a bezier curve between the waypoints so if you are near the ground, buildings, tree line, or other obstacles you need to account for the curve in the flight path.

RealSense may help you avoid obstacles when OBS is activated, but don’t totally rely on it to save the aircraft. Like all other sensor systems on drones they can be fooled by bright sunlight or reflections, small limbs, wires, etc.

It is always a good idea to fly a CCC at a slow speed after setting it up so you can evaluate it and take control to cancel it if things go awry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval