Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reassembly and testing after crash

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4k drone that I purchased refurbished. After crashing into a tree, I purchased a new air frame and followed youtube directions for starting the replacement. I have the main components mounted on the new frame and started working on unsoldering and reconnecting the motors. I have done one and wanted to power it up to make sure everything worked before moving on to the next motor. With the top of the frame off and 3 motors loose and the camera disconnected, I put the battery in and turned on the power switch. The lights go solid red/white and it continually gives 2 long beeps followed by 3 short beeps.
After the crash I reconnected the camera and everything seemed to be working. Can I test it in this way or do I need to finish mounting all the motors and putting the cover on?

You'll want to do them all first.
Once you have everything reconnected and before you put the shell halves together, hook up to the GUI and assign esc's to the proper motors and locations.
Run your tests of all systems and confirm all is working.
Keep the GUI connected and running while you secure the two shell halves together and run tests every few screws to make sure you haven't pinched anything. Once you have the two halves secured you can disconnect the GUI and finish installing the remaining screws.
Good luck,
Jafo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval