Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rebirth of the H920

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It appears Yuneec is breathing new life into the 920 with an entirely new drive system that improves efficiency and flight time. From the little I've seen I'm guessing it's a pumped up version of the 520 so the cameras that work on the 520 will work on the 920.

1568959271325.png

I really like to see where they are going. Focusing on professional users is the best for them in my opinion. Their new inventions will address many more customers than before. More important they now have made a lot of application areas available which are not even covered by their competitors. Hopefully they will recover a little and gain a higher market share again.

I also love to see that they are bringing back the H920. The frame is amazing. Maybe the best which is existing right now. Their Electronics on the other hand are not a good choice. Luckily they noticed it themself and are going to improve it.

@Stevecarr the camera shown in your image ist not a multi spectral camera but an oblique camera. The will offer a multi spectral camera as well but it looks different.

The multi-spectral cam was there too. They want to keep the connection open to accept more kinds of payload, not only Yuneec ones. Just the right decision!
And most important for Tornado pilots: It's alive!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Perhaps that's where the future lies with a higher end product, possibly providing a better return in long run and drift away from the consumer section, possibly a bit like Leica, enthusiasts will still want it and pay extra for it. Most people who will use it will be professional, and not carry the associated problems the consumer market has the moment.

I wish they introduced multispectral for h520.
OK as for the moment we can use parrot Sq or rededge but it seems that thay are expanding their offerings far more for 920.

That is what i believe to be the biggest burden at the moment @Mrgs1 . Laws are getting stricter and private customers are not that interested anymore. Furthermore the drones are already very good at the moment so there is barely and need for an upgrade.

@Paw I am positive they will offer them soon. These cameras are light enough for the H520 to carry them. Would be stupid to spend thousands on development and not offering them for alls suitable models. I would not even be surprised if the H520 version comes out before the new H920 is ready. In the video they said the new software features (controlling lumecubes, payloads etc) will be ready in mid October. Maybe multi spectral imaging will be added as well.

That is what i believe to be the biggest burden at the moment @Mrgs1 . Laws are getting stricter and private customers are not that interested anymore. Furthermore the drones are already very good at the moment so there is barely and need for an upgrade.

@Paw I am positive they will offer them soon. These cameras are light enough for the H520 to carry them. Would be stupid to spend thousands on development and not offering them for alls suitable models. I would not even be surprised if the H520 version comes out before the new H920 is ready. In the video they said the new software features (controlling lumecubes, payloads etc) will be ready in mid October. Maybe multi spectral imaging will be added as well.

Looking forward to the Oct. release and fingers crossed!

@Adamg1180
I don't see this coming, but at least we got a shipment of new battery packs here in Germany - don't know about other countries, but - being a little bit selfish - for me that's okay :p.
Where, do you have a link?
Yuneec Germany say out of stock?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190920-205307.png
    Screenshot_20190920-205307.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 20
Where, do you have a link?
Yuneec Germany say out of stock?
Go for www.copter.eu - they have the batteries on stock and ready to ship. Haven't checked their T&C regarding shipping abroad. The current shipment is said to have been just enough to get all the backorders of the distributors satisfied, but perhaps there are more coming in future so Yuneec Germany and the others (UK, US) can fill their stocks too?!

Go for www.copter.eu - they have the batteries on stock and ready to ship. Haven't checked their T&C regarding shipping abroad. The current shipment is said to have been just enough to get all the backorders of the distributors satisfied, but perhaps there are more coming in future so Yuneec Germany and the others (UK, US) can fill their stocks too?!
I looked at those last week. They will ship to UK, bought from them before. What's the date or numbers when you lift the locking tab/door?

They have. Given it new motors, longer arms, better controller and processor, internal mods,tidied up the internal wiring etc and added Plus to the name!

You do have a valid point my friend! I just still absolutely love my H and would like to see something new for it, albeit it’s an awesome drone as is!

The modifications proposed for the H520, will these new payloads add weight and decrease flight time ? I saw the video posted and do not speak German, these payloads appear to me third party. I received an email regarding a new program for third party products if I am correct ...

Last edited:
HI,

I've been using that kit for a while and this is why I said that we could use either Sq or RE on h520. Yet it is not a perfect solution. It takekes a while to get it fixed to the bird and to set Sq (Wi-Fi etc.)
What I would love to have is a plug&play solution fully integrated with the DataPilot so all functionalities of both the copter and Sq are in one place - flight planning and Sq calibration operated from ST16S.

I am not complaining but still am I dreaming too much....?

HI,

I've been using that kit for a while and this is why I said that we could use either Sq or RE on h520. Yet it is not a perfect solution. It takekes a while to get it fixed to the bird and to set Sq (Wi-Fi etc.)
What I would love to have is a plug&play solution fully integrated with the DataPilot so all functionalities of both the copter and Sq are in one place - flight planning and Sq calibration operated from ST16S.

I am not complaining but still am I dreaming too much....?

and I would be happy if the future multispectral solution (p&p) for h520 was based on Sq. This would give us opportunity to keep using existing hardware

I am expecting a hit for flight time with these addons. How much of a hit not sure. but the air time will be less with current batteries we have. despite that these third party payload options so far may be what the doctors ordered to help boost the h520. I am looking forward to the new firmware releases that will come out due to these. as for the h920 going to wait to see if they follow thorough and release a much need hardware overhaul for it. If they do the right hardware upgrades (solid pixhawk 4 based with gps that is equal or surpasses the h520 gps. for me h520 gps is a solid unit.) looks like that may be my next bird to get my hands on. just got to save up for the cost expecting it to be over 10 grand. better yet if they add the rtk to the h920.

Reactions: Mostbestus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval