Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rebuild Complete

Reaction score
Just finished transferring from my old body to the new one.
It was pretty straight forward.
Only had a couple of issues and no left over screws.
Things I would suggest....
1-It took me about 5 hours. Take your time and take some pics for reference.
2-Watch a couple of You Tube videos first to get an idea of what your going to find and the steps to take for disassembly and reassembly.
3-A Pencil soldering iron works much better than a soldering gun.
4- You will have 20 solder joints to make when your reassembling. Don't forget to have some shrink tubing.
A Solder sucker is a great tool to have when unhooking from the ESC. Wish I had one. Lol
5- When you reassemble the quad, only install a minimum number of screws to get the shell to seat. Then connect the GUI and confirm all is working. I made the mistake of fully rebuilding before testing only to find I had a pinched wire and causing trouble. I had to fully unscrew the shell again and fix the wire. I left the GUI connected and running during my final assembly.I wasn't going to have that problem twice.
6-Use some black tape and secure your wiring to the body before installing the shell.

It was not nearly as bad as it sounded and not nearly as hard as I thought it might be.
Go to it and let me know If I can help answer any questions.

Good luck,
Jafo

Reactions: Rayray
2-Watch a couple of You Tube videos first to get an idea of what your going to find and the steps to take for disassembly and reassembly.
4- You will have 20 solder joints to make when your reassembling. Don't forget to have some shrink tubing.
A Solder sucker is a great tool to have when unhooking from the ESC. Wish I had one. Lol
5- When you reassemble the quad, only install a minimum number of screws to get the shell to seat. Then connect the GUI and confirm all is working. I made the mistake of fully rebuilding before testing only to find I had a pinched wire and causing trouble. I had to fully unscrew the shell again and fix the wire. I left the GUI connected and running during my final assembly.I wasn't going to have that problem twice.
6-Use some black tape and secure your wiring to the body before installing the shell.

It was not nearly as bad as it sounded and not nearly as hard as I thought it might be.

Good luck,
Jafo

Very impressive, Jafo. You planned your work, and worked your plan. When I glanced at your first sentence, I thought "Say what?", lol.
Sharing good info is what it's all about. Great post.

Reactions: Jafo
I put in some quick connects to all wires that connect to the main board. Just in case I have to do all of it again

Good luck,
Jafo
Great advice. So much to remember. .. I haven't crashed mine yet but I know when it happens I'll be able to get great support and advice from everyone here.

Reactions: Jafo
Great advice. So much to remember. .. I haven't crashed mine yet but I know when it happens I'll be able to get great support and advice from everyone here.
Thank you.
In a perfect world the day for you to rebuild won't come. :)
That's our hope for you.
Should that terrible day occur we'll be here for ya.

Happy flying,
Jafo

Can you maybe post some pics???Im rebuilding mine at the moment..New circuit board and body..But when I connected everything my led's under rotors are blue at startup and then they die and i get a red light on my circuit board..dont know what to do???

Have you plugged in the GUI to see what it thinks ?
Did you confirm and reconfirm all your connections are correct ?
The initial board startup looks good. It's during system checks your having the issue.
The GUI might be able to tell you what component is failing.
You mentioned "It does this when you hook up the GPS too".
You have to have all components connected and working or your gonna have issues for sure.
With the LED's shutting off, I have to think a connection is wrong someplace or perhaps a dirty solder joint on a ESC is shorting out.
If you have a continuity tester, confirm your connections are clean.

Look here:
PHP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHkuC3wIcM[\php]
and here
PHP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBLbsAn1l4

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member