Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Recommendations for computer for editing?

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4k. Im fairly new to drones but am now exposed to the world of videography. I'm mainly a old macbook pro guy but I am thinking about getting a pc laptop for film editing. Im not looking for high end but just a computer so I could make a few videos for myself. Not going to sell my videos but just might donate footage. Does anyone have a suggestion for a pc laptop around $200 for a newbie?

If you already have a Macbook Pro I would not buy a PC for editing puposes. Mac comes with a lot of good video and photo editing software. It might even be the better choice for this purpose. I do use a PC for other reasons but in your case I would not recommand it.

I would have to second that opinion. I am a PC user and a laptop in that price range would probably have trouble playing 4K video, much less process it.

If you are looking to get more processing power, it is cheaper to get a desktop or tower PC that can handle that task than a tablet or laptop.

Reactions: Russell Smith
I am a Mac user, an Apple fan. But If you want a full configurable system that’s faster than a Mac get a PC.

Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?

Your Macbook should handle 1080p video editing very well.
To edit & render 4K takes big $$ with either Mac or PC.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval