Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Red and blue flashing

Reaction score
Newby to drones, been exclusively RC cars up until now.
I love the size and presence of the Q500. Everyone is always intrigued and comparing it to their pockets drones.
I have yet to fly it through. I have fresh battery and charge. Checked binding. I have camera images on the ST12 screen.
I get no response to the red start button and the light flashes red and blue. Drone was in storage before I acquired it.
I have tried from suggestions:
Rebinding, putting a battery in and leaving it for a while to recharge the internal GPS battery, leaving outside unobstructed to let the GPS catalog update, and calibration of the compass.

When you have the flight battery in to recharge the GPS battery do you have the aircraft powered on?

On the sides of the ST12 do you have the telemetry showing: Volts, Alt, G-Spd, Dis, Pos, Sat, GPS, & Mode?

One way to find if the aircraft is bound to the controller is to use the camera tilt slider. Does the camera change direction up/down in relation to moving the slider?

The red/blue flashing is not in the chart, I think it may be a combination of the aircraft is not bound to the controller and you may be in an NFZ. Texas has some Class B and Class C airports and you may be too close to one.

Last edited:
............Checked binding. I have camera images on the ST12 screen.
An image on screen just means the camera is bound. Not the drone.
The "red and blue" is confusing, as @DoomMeister mentioned. Some defect may be causing part of the LED to fail to fire, or there may be some misinterpretation. For instance, it is normal for the rear main LED to be flashing blue while the rear motor LEDs are flashing red. Also, a failure to initialize would cause a rapid red/blue/green sequence that could look like only red and blue.
You mentioned you had checked binding but did not provide details of how thorough the check was. I would recommend a diagnostic check of the binding using the Q500 Binding Verification.pdf
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Using the q500 binding verification.
First variant, #36 camera was connected so it did not say "not connected" on the camera side. Next everything went normal until 45. At 45 the LED changed from orange back to flashing red and blue.
Turned everything off and started again from step 1. This time failed at step 29. After tilting the LED remains red and blue.

Please check that the Flight Mode switch is in the middle (Angle mode) or upper (Smart mode) position. If it is in the lower (Home mode) position you will get red flashing at 5 times/sec. If the aircraft is not bound and the mode switch is in the Home (lower) position it may alternately flash blue/red 5 times/sec.

Reactions: Vaklin
Using the q500 binding verification.
First variant, #36 camera was connected so it did not say "not connected" on the camera side. Next everything went normal until 45. At 45 the LED changed from orange back to flashing red and blue.
Turned everything off and started again from step 1. This time failed at step 29. After tilting the LED remains red and blue.
"First variant, #36 camera was connected so it did not say "not connected" on the camera side."
That part may not be an issue. If you created a new model but did not actually delete all previous models that had been bound to that camera, the camera may still be bound at that step. Not for most Q500 kits, but I believe that may be normal when using an ST12 instead of an ST10+.

"Next everything went normal until 45. At 45 the LED changed from orange back to flashing red and blue."
It's the "Red and Blue" observation that has us really confused. That pattern should not exist for the rear main LED. We need you to clarify exactly what lights you are seeing and the exact pattern. Is there a pause in the sequence? Is it continuous? Does it involve more that the single rear main LED?

"Turned everything off and started again from step 1. This time failed at step 29. After tilting the LED remains red and blue."
Did you try additional tilts? It should have responded, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries. And again, we really need to nail down the "Red and Blue". If it is trying to display red/blue/green with a dead green, it's a whole other discussion.

Do you have the Q500 GUI and the YUNE100 adapter needed to check the Q500 sensors/initialization status?

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone