Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reflash the H+ to H520?

Reaction score
I still don't know what exactly I bought in the last week but I hope there will be one working H+ and one crashed. The crashed will be repaired, of course, but will be interesting to make it an H520. Did someone try something like this? Is there a GUI as for H available?

you need to swap the mainboard to change the h plus to h520 first gen. you can not just reflash it from h plus to h520 and it will work. terrestrial imaging have done conversions of the h plus to h520.

terrestrial imaging have done conversions
This is not a solution for me. My credo is "I know how or I can do it alone, so I'll do it. If not, I'll wait to know or can."
Does someone know what is the physical differrence betwen these two boards?

board shape is the same size but the some of the connections locations are different and there is a difference electronic parts in circuit layout. h520 mainboard is slightly older than the h plus mainboard.

A step back with the questions.
What is the major differrrnce between these two platforms?

Exactly I bought it just to sniff the camera to drone and vice versa protocol.

H520 cameras work with H+ or not?

I use the 23 camera, I never got to deep into it as I was looking to trade the 23 for the 90 because I couldn't get the 23 to function like the 90 ? What I really like is the map on the st16, and being able to put your finger on a location, and it'll fly there on its own ?

Reactions: Vaklin
I did a conversion of one of my H plus to an H520. The hardware of the H plus is compatible with the H520 with the exception of the mainboard. There are hardware specific board identities (numerical data in hardware) that prevents the H520 firmware from being loaded on the H plus or vice versa. There are some subtle differences in connecting the hardware, but the change-out is pretty straightforward (see photos). Note that the H520 mainboard has the identity printed on it. With the option to make this change and use the C23 camera interchangeably with the E90, you should be able to make the "upgrade" for a very reasonable cost. Note the you will need to load your ST-16S controller with the Datapilot for the H520. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Stephen

Attachments

• Note H Plus connectors.JPG
    Note H Plus connectors.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Different 520 WIFI connector.JPG
    Different 520 WIFI connector.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • Completed 520 conversion.JPG
    Completed 520 conversion.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
I'll look for a crashed 520 on the eBays. I have some questions. I still can't imagine what is better on one of them and what is on another. Can someone prepare a list with pros and cons for every one of them? About the C23 and E90 too. Can Plus work with E90 or not? The same about the 520 and C23? And which one is better and why?

Regards!

One more question. The black box over the mainboard should be the flight controller or I'm wrong? Is this the same for both? Except, the firmware inside, of course.

Just got the parcel. Good deal from my point of view. Two ST16S, one copter in perfect visual condition, one smashed, I'll try to get some spares from it, three batteries, two of them with very low voltage on some cells, I'll try to revert it to life, carry bag, a second small bag for the ST's and so on.

Are there some hidden menus on the ST16S? Channel settings, model selection etc.?

Should be investigated a variant with dual boot for + and 520 in one controller. BTW only launcher APK is different or more is replaced? If only the launcher, a preset launcher application will do the job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1