Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

just got confirmation from sky hopper it is released and is for sale on there web site only for now. they stated they have h520 users in the usa now.
Hi Terrence,

thanks for your mail.
The product is already available and on stock when purchasing directly from our web store (Sky Drone 4G/LTE Upgrade for Yuneec H520)

US based resellers do not have it yet, as it has not finished the certification process yet.
This might still take a few months.

That said, we have US customers using it as we speak. If you want to use it now, you can purchase it on our web store or you might want to wait for finished certification and can probably purchase it through Vertigo Drones and other US based outlets.

Regards

Pete
Does that mean that someone with a SkyHopper equipped 520 can fly their drone near a restricted area in the US allowing the video to be seen in real-time in China, North Korea or Russia? Hmm....

get those comments in now almost 20 hours left for the comment period. let hope the modified the rules a bit because if they do they may be required another comment period however those who have commented to the current nprm will have standing for the next comment period if there is any.

60 day public comment period to start soon.

The document is only 319 pages of easy reading so I'm sure nearly everyone will read every single ludicrous detail.

I just replied to a similar post. The reality is that the gov't has duped us into believing that if there's more rules it'll make things safer. If that logic was true then there would be no more speeders, school shootings, etcetera. The gov't can not mandate stupidity, morality, intelligence, ethics, or wisdom. They can dupe us into thinking that they need to tax the **** out of us in order to control us.

What's really needed is remote ID for every gov't employee so that us Patriots can identify the morons running the country. "Here's your remote ID MORON".

There is a dedicated thread devoted to choosing or creating an appropriate organization in the General forum.

We, as both individuals and a group, are facing the beginning regulatory efforts that will severely restrict, and possibly eliminate the aero RC and consumer drone society. At best new regulations will increase the cost of participation substantially. It behooves everyone that flies RC or drones to get involved snd participate in this and future NPRM releases. You cannot sit back thinking or hoping someone else will handle this to your benefit. That is precisely how we have arrived at where we are now.
I agree with the sentiment of your post just not the reality. If it were as simple as getting involved and participating all my issues with the gov't agencies would be gone and I'd cease to exist as a grumpy old fart.

Unfortunately the more I get involved the more I've realized that pandora's box with the gov't has been opened and the likelihood of getting it closed back up is null.

The foxes are in charge of the chicken coop and us chickens can cluck all we want about the missing chickens but the foxes are going to get bye with denying they killed the chickens even with the feathers and chicken feet still stuck to their teeth.

2 new faa nprms are in the wings for us not officially released yet a nprm and a anprm one for address flight over persons. the other night flights and other advance operations and new arcs to be to be called to gather. stay tuned saving the nprms and will upload these are must reads. If you think the last nprm for remote id is a mess just you wait.

and here they are

Attachments

• 2120-AK85_NPRM_Operations_of_Small_UAS_Over_People.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 2120-AL26_Safe_and_Secure_UAS_ANPRM.pdf
    225.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks TD!

Just when we think we’ve passed the last kidney stone, here comes that familiar pain from the FAA bureaucrats once again.

2 new faa nprms are in the wings for us not officially released yet a nprm and a anprm one for address flight over persons. the other night flights and other advance operations and new arcs to be to be called to gather. stay tuned saving the nprms and will upload these are must reads. If you think the last nprm for remote id is a mess just you wait.

Both of which have been out in draft form for several months now.

I believe in civilization and I believe in rules so we can have civilization, however I don't believe we need to track each and every think everyone does. It's illegal to rob banks. There are laws that say you can't rob banks. People still rob banks. That fact doesn't mean the law is ineffective or should be thrown out. On the flip side you shouldn't be required to wear a tracking bracelet so if you approach a bank someone will be watching.

I don't like the idea of cameras everywhere tracking everyone and everything. At some point in 'Free' society, (I use that term loosely, none of us are truly free, there are rules (constraints) so we can have civilization, which I prefer to anarchy or a 'totally autonomous collective'. Man I love Monty Python.

Any who, we are all adults or are supposed to be, and as such we should follow the rules and for those of us who don't there needs to be enforcement and penalties, like the proverbial 'attitude adjustment ticket'.

I think the FCC rules are way over reach, and even the current rules need revamping. This isn't about safety, it's about control. George Carlin said it best, "Everything you need to know about life - There's a bunch of f er's trying to tell another bunch of f er's what to do." This does seem to apply to everything.

I did comment on the FAA site BTW.

"Respect others, and don't steal their stuff!" Nuff said.

I believe in civilization and I believe in rules so we can have civilization, however I don't believe we need to track each and every think everyone does. It's illegal to rob banks. There are laws that say you can't rob banks. People still rob banks. That fact doesn't mean the law is ineffective or should be thrown out. On the flip side you shouldn't be required to wear a tracking bracelet so if you approach a bank someone will be watching.

Great analogy about the tracking bracelet!
I also commented. I hope our collective voice is heard and heeded.

I don't like the idea of cameras everywhere tracking everyone and everything. At some point in 'Free' society, (I use that term loosely, none of us are truly free, there are rules (constraints) so we can have civilization, which I prefer to anarchy or a 'totally autonomous collective'. Man I love Monty Python.

Any who, we are all adults or are supposed to be, and as such we should follow the rules and for those of us who don't there needs to be enforcement and penalties, like the proverbial 'attitude adjustment ticket'.

I think the FCC rules are way over reach, and even the current rules need revamping. This isn't about safety, it's about control. George Carlin said it best, "Everything you need to know about life - There's a bunch of f er's trying to tell another bunch of f er's what to do." This does seem to apply to everything.

I did comment on the FAA site BTW.

I agree, it is about control. I'm still a little bit of an immature adult as many here will attest. If you go to rob a bank most are acutely aware that this is unacceptable behavior.

Where to fly and how to fly are a little less contrived. My issue is that the gov't/FAA figures we are all idiots that can't figure it out. It's a lot like driving for the first time. You can do all the research and take all the online tests but sitting behind the wheel for the first time is not intuitive. Crap is going to happen, gears will be ground, fenders will be bent and the gov't will tax, fee and fine you to death for doing so!

... It's a lot like driving for the first time...

I tend to look at all this like driving.

100 years ago, as the Model T really brought automobiles to the masses....you didn’t need a license, you could drive anywhere the car could go, and there were few traffic laws. It became chaotic, and resulted in some bizarre laws at first. Up until my high school years, there was still a law on the books that said before driving an auto coach upon the square you must stop, announce your intentions, then proceed with caution. If you spooked any horses, you were responsible for any damages.

So, I see our greater civilian use of the airspace like this...it’s in its infancy. It will be painful to grow, but look where our roadway system is today, with vehicle registration, licensure, extensive system of traffic laws, Drivers Education, on and on and on. We’ll have to get there with the airspace as well. Just think if flying cars ever become a reality. Imagine if someone built a scaled up drone capable of carrying 4 adults, flying for 500 miles at 100+ mph, and only costs $18k. Easy to learn to fly and pretty safe. Everyone ditches the road car and buys the flying car.

Reactions: thoneter and Rubik
I tend to look at all this like driving.

100 years ago, as the Model T really brought automobiles to the masses....you didn’t need a license, you could drive anywhere the car could go, and there were few traffic laws. It became chaotic, and resulted in some bizarre laws at first. Up until my high school years, there was still a law on the books that said before driving an auto coach upon the square you must stop, announce your intentions, then proceed with caution. If you spooked any horses, you were responsible for any damages.

So, I see our greater civilian use of the airspace like this...it’s in its infancy. It will be painful to grow, but look where our roadway system is today, with vehicle registration, licensure, extensive system of traffic laws, Drivers Education, on and on and on. We’ll have to get there with the airspace as well. Just think if flying cars ever become a reality. Imagine if someone built a scaled up drone capable of carrying 4 adults, flying for 500 miles at 100+ mph, and only costs $18k. Easy to learn to fly and pretty safe. Everyone ditches the road car and buys the flying car.
You make valid points. The 1st time you fly a plane, drive a car and fly a drone are scary times for those around you. The horse law makes sense to me at the time because many people riding the horses spooked the horses. It wasn't really the horses that were getting spooked as I see horses alongside cars in my hometown unless the horses have evolved! Just an interesting note of history for me.

My main contention is that back in the early days of cars it was up to the driver to use common sense. If you didn't use common sense then you suffered the consequences of violating someone's rights, their property, their person or the environment.

Today the gov't has taken it upon themselves to babysit us like we're 12 years old. Flying drone cars (oxymoron I know) are a reality now and will become mainstream. Heaven help us when the FAA attempts to regulate that!

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval