Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repair C23?

Reaction score
Guys, after I miscalculated the height of a wedding marquee that we were contracted to film at, my C23 took a fearful smack on the marquee canvas.
It's looking quite poorly.
Although it's now in the hands of the insurance company, I'm curious as to how I might go about getting this repaired in the UK
Side note. I can confirm that the H Plus flies just fine on 5 rotors!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
I suspect that camera will be a parts doner camera. The ribbon cables are rare or nonexistent. You will be looking for a replacement camera Paul.

Reactions: PaulEden
Thanks for that, Steve. As I say, it's in the hands of the insurance company, but it's good to get an idea of what they're likely to come back with. I'm looking around UK retailers and none have it stock so far.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Here's an update for those if you enjoying my embarrassment about all of this.
The insurance claim is underway and they want quotes for the repair to the marquee ( I'm told approx £600) and a quote from yuneec to repair. I've just got off the phone to yuneec UK who are happy to do an initial repair quote by looking at emailed pictures. They can also supply a replacement if it's beyond economical repair. (£900)
So yes, some progress.

John
I've put in an order for a few other parts that we've found need replacing. I'm still undecided about doing the refurb exchange. The insurance company are paying for a new camera which is coming from Yuneec UK. I'm concerned about import duties for such an expensive thing, tbh

I've placed that order just now, John. It should be collected by Royal Mail on Monday. Thanks for your help.
Yuneec UK doesn't have an in-stock date for the C23 so I'm going with your refurb. :)
Hi Paul, I received your Order, and I have set aside a C23 Camera for you, and will ship it as soon as I receive your C23 Camera, I will ship it the same day if possible or the following Business Day...;)
Take Care

Can you do this for UK customers?
Sorry for the delayed response, Yes, shipping to the UK is not a problem, Yuneec Skins offers world wide shipping...;)

DHL have it in the UK and I've paid the import duties - £67. I'm hoping to be back in the air by the weekend!
Your Camera shipped Yesterday 09/29/2021...;)

That's working a treat, John. I forgot to put an SD card in it for the first flight of the new camera, so you'll have to take my word for it! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval