Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repair/Replacement Help

Reaction score
My Typhoon H went into a (fresh water) river recently...half of it was submerged. I was able to retrieve it. I took it apart to clean the motherboard and clean the rotors as well as I can. Sure enough, the thing turned on, and the camera works no problem.

However, here is what does NOT work:
  • (4) rotors do not turn on; (2) of them do, funny enough it was 2 that were submerged
  • No GPS; it's not reading any satellites, attempted calibration a few times but that part was half submerged so not surprised.
My question is, is it worth it to contact Yuneec & send it back to repairs, or attempt to replace the (4) rotor arms & get a new GPS top? My concern is the parts are not working because of water damage to the main control board, not the parts themselves, though I'm not advanced enough in repairs to attempt this. I've messed around plenty with cheap microdrones but this piece of equipment is too important to me to eff up.

Any advice on my options before approaching Yuneec to send in for repairs? My drone is out of warranty as it's over a year old and I never purchased extended warranty.

Send back to Yuneec when not under warranty? Send it to Carolina Dronz. Reasonable cost, competent repair technicians,
considerably faster turnaround and much easier to maintain communication with them.

When I had issues several weeks ago with my H, I gave Carolina Drones a call Friday late afternoon but the tech was out for the day. He immediately called me Monday morning about 10, by then all was fixed. What I got was Carolina Drone went out of their way to contact me and help me out. Kudos to them!:)

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval