Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repairs done, but .........help!

Reaction score
Hi
As I stated in my intro, have a "hand me down" Typhoon Q500 4k, CGO3 camera and ST10+ receiver.
I replaced the airframe and #2 motor and card. Downloaded the GUI on the computer and done the systems check to recognize the new motor and card. All good.

Problem......
Dont get any telemetry or functions on screen.
Power up the receiver, then drone as per instructions but receiver is not binding to drone. (I think) Binds to the camera, as in, I get picture on the screen but no other function. (cant tilt but will record)
I go through the binding process, turn on drone, tilt twice to get orange LED, turn on receiver, select "Model select" but that's as far as I get. I cannot select the current drone or new drone.
I have no other functions on the receiver, touch screen or any telemetry. Everything is zero.
I have read instructions, Googled and searched the forum but seem to be doing the same over and over.
My frustrations are ramping up my ADHD!

What am I doing wrong?

Please see Attachment 33 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparations steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Please see Attachment 33 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparations steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
Binding Sequence:
1. Turn on ST10+.
2. Allow time for the ST10+ to fully initialize.
3. Verify RED power indicator above ST10+ power switch is illuminated.
4. Verify the blue WIFI indicator is flashing. (directly above the on/off switch)
5. Press “Model Select” on the lower right of the ST10+ screen twice.
6. IF a “WARNING!!!” pop-up appears, press “OK”.
7. Verify the “Model Select” screen appears.

That's as far as I get.
Cannot select what is currently linked to (this drone) or select the new model. I tap on the icons or anywhere else on the screen, nothing.

Important: If you changed motors or ESCs or both, please do a ESC-ID assignement in GUI first. I do it after any HW change to be sure.
To bind the drone there are two different independent system to bind.
1) ST10+ to drone --> ZigBee per Receiver ID
2) ST10+ to camera -> WiFi per SSID of the camera. I understand you have done it.

It's a good idea to create a new model first but you can bind it to the current model. Creating a model has noting to do with binding. Once you have selected a model (either a new created or the current model) Model needs binding for both systems, camera and drone. Not a good idea to change the model when already bound to cam.

In attachment 33 in above mentioned document Binding sequence item 1-23 means create a new model and select it.
Not really the binding process but in case of problems it is always a good idea to start with a complete new model.
I have a couple of models on may ST10+ for different use cases.
This all happens in the model editor screen. You can do that or not depending in your thrust in the existing model.

The rest belongs to drone and cam binding. It is bit confusing because it is really made to debug the system and it is based on a pur new model. If you camera is bound and you see the camera vidoe on the screen then you only need to bind the drone --> items 24 to 29 and 31 to 35, 37 and 39 to 52 (with other words, let out all items belonging to camera binding).

br HE

Important: If you changed motors or ESCs or both, please do a ESC-ID assignement in GUI first. I do it after any HW change to be sure.
To bind the drone there are two different independent system to bind.
1) ST10+ to drone --> ZigBee per Receiver ID
2) ST10+ to camera -> WiFi per SSID of the camera. I understand you have done it.

It's a good idea to create a new model first but you can bind it to the current model. Creating a model has noting to do with binding. Once you have selected a model (either a new created or the current model) Model needs binding for both systems, camera and drone. Not a good idea to change the model when already bound to cam.

In attachment 33 in above mentioned document Binding sequence item 1-23 means create a new model and select it.
Not really the binding process but in case of problems it is always a good idea to start with a complete new model.
I have a couple of models on may ST10+ for different use cases.
This all happens in the model editor screen. You can do that or not depending in your thrust in the existing model.

The rest belongs to drone and cam binding. It is bit confusing because it is really made to debug the system and it is based on a pur new model. If you camera is bound and you see the camera vidoe on the screen then you only need to bind the drone --> items 24 to 29 and 31 to 35, 37 and 39 to 52 (with other words, let out all items belonging to camera binding).

br HE
From step 24 to 30 check out and are per the instructions.
That's as far as it goes.
31. Press the “Flight Settings” button. ................press the button but nothing happens. The only part of the screen which works is the "Model select" button, the "return" button and the "+" (volume up?) button.

Binding Sequence:
1. Turn on ST10+.
2. Allow time for the ST10+ to fully initialize.
3. Verify RED power indicator above ST10+ power switch is illuminated.
4. Verify the blue WIFI indicator is flashing. (directly above the on/off switch)
5. Press “Model Select” on the lower right of the ST10+ screen twice.
6. IF a “WARNING!!!” pop-up appears, press “OK”.
7. Verify the “Model Select” screen appears.

That's as far as I get.
Cannot select what is currently linked to (this drone) or select the new model. I tap on the icons or anywhere else on the screen, nothing.
It sounds like part of the "Touchscreen" function on your controller is not working. Your ability to get to "Model Select" implies at least the lower area of the touchscreen is working, but maybe not all areas work. Try an experiment. Tap once on the blue part of the main screen. See if the camera functions appear/disappear each time you tap. Try different places all over the blue area of the screen.

It sounds like part of the "Touchscreen" function on your controller is not working. Your ability to get to "Model Select" implies at least the lower area of the touchscreen is working, but maybe not all areas work. Try an experiment. Tap once on the blue part of the main screen. See if the camera functions appear/disappear each time you tap. Try different places all over the blue area of the screen.
That's what I'm thinking.
No part of the screen reacts except for the last 10mm square of the bottom right corner. (the last half of the "Model Select" button.)
The only other part is the bottom panel return symbol and the + which brings up the volume slider but I cannot move the slide (if that make sense)

Last edited:
Reactions: John Hennessy
That's what I'm thinking.
No part of the screen reacts except for the last 10mm square of the bottom right corner. (the last half of the "Model Select" button.)
The only other part is the bottom panel return symbol and the + which brings up the volume slider but I cannot move the slide (if that make sense)
Hi Magilla,
I am in Brisbane and have some spare stuff for Q 500'S including controllers, complete Q500's and camera's and some good 2nd hand Typhoon H's if you need anything. I don't do much with the Q500's mainly the H's.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the GREEN side of the GRASS.

Reactions: Magilla
Hi Magilla,
I am in Brisbane and have some spare stuff for Q 500'S including controllers, complete Q500's and camera's and some good 2nd hand Typhoon H's if you need anything. I don't do much with the Q500's mainly the H's.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the GREEN side of the GRASS.
Hi Johnno
Sounds good.
I've just pulled the controller apart to check for dirt, corrosion and any loose stuff that might stand out. Going to give it a clean and see what happens. Just going to exhaust all avenues first. If that doesn't work, I will be in the market for a controller.
Thanks

Reactions: John Hennessy
Hi all.
Well I've dismantled the controller to check for any anomalies and reassembled. No luck. Screen still not working.
Is there a reset that can be done on the controller?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval