Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Replace the ESC with more powerfull? Is this possible?

Reaction score
I have an idea to use FC from H480 to prepare a more powerful bird with another ESC. Here are two ways. To design new ESC but there is an issue with the specific protocol which is not documented or I still didn't find the explanation of it or to replace the final IC on each channel with a more powerful one and arrange power lines according to the new demand.

Ideas, schematics, etc. are welcome.

This could be a complete bum-steer (aka wrong), but I seem to recall extracting a config file from a firmware image or update file for the H+ at some stage... as far as I understand, all the H variants use PX4 (or a customised version of it), so you might be able to get info about the ESC protocol from there.

After that you'd need to intercept the signal at each ESC microcontroller (I wouldn't be surprised if there's a test pad near the chips) and feed to each of your own ESCs running a suitable firmware that understands the protocol.

Does any of that help?

PX4 supports UART ESC protocol. Yes, the logic can be extracted from there but this is not one evening task.

Anyway, this approach is possible too.

I'm in the negotiation process to obtain a hundred-kilogram of hybrid technology drone. Parallel with working with it I'll investigate the technology of heavy machines. The idea, to prepare a hybrid H480 for long time field observation is old for me but still no time for all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech