Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Replicate ST10+ video downlink from CGO3 using diversity router in WISP mode, Win10 and Bluestacks or VLC

Reaction score
Looking to get HDMI output or larger monitor on CGO3 video.
I can connect my pc wifi to CGO3 and run CGO app in Blustacks Android emulator on Win7 pro or Win10
App controls camera but no video. Can take snaps and start/stop video but not view it.
VLC should be able to play video stream from CGO3 but I cant find the proper stream link syntax.
IP address of CGO3 is 192.168.42.1. CGO3 gives IP 192.168.42.2 to connecting device as preferred IP.
Ultimate goal is to use two directional 5.8g antennas on a diversity router set up in WISP or bridge mode.
Connect router to CGO3 as WAN connection then connect Ethernet cable to laptop and use VLC to get clean copy of video stream minus app controls. It may be possible to use app to control CGO3 camera parameters at the same time.
Laptops HDMI output could go to broadcast network or big screen.
VLC stream link would be something like RTSP://192.168.42.1/stream I need the syntax.
Thanks!
~Kevin.
www.kevinspage.com

Last edited:
CGO3/CGO3+: rtsp://192.168.42.1/live
Others:
Lumix CGO4: rtsp://192.168.73.254:8557/PSIA/Streaming/channels/2?videoCodecType=H.264
CGO-ET thermal stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live
CGO-ET natural stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live
MK58 (GoPro): rtsp://192.168.110.1/cam1/h264

Reactions: Kevinspage

h-elsner

Premium Pilot
JoinedMar 23, 2016Messages1,030Reaction score690LocationBavaria / Germany
The CGO3 is the hotspot. The device where VLC is running needs to be connected to the SSID of the CGO3 'network'. Disconnect other networks (home network) before. SSID is somthing starting with CGO3 and a unique number.
CGO3P_WiFi.png
Once the device is included into the CGO3's netword open VLC > Media > Network and enter:
rtsp://192.168.42.1/live
as address for streaming.
CGO3_vlc.png

Now you will get the video stream from the CGO3 (CGO3+ as well).

br HE

I am able to control the CGO3 camera parameters and start/stop recordings using Bluestacks Andoid emulator and CGO app. No video.
I can also simultaneously view the live video on VLC using rtsp://192.168.42.1/live.
So now I will purchase a travel router and external antennas and maybe an 5.8g amplifier.
Is the CGO3 antenna left or right circular polarized?

You can also control the camera via CGI commands from the browser.

Examples:
Initialization (always needed as first command:

Start/stop video:

Audio on/off:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_AUDIO_SW&mode=1 (off --> 0)

Other:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=<Command><&parameter= >
see: racerxdl/CGO

Or use the CGO3 page from Q500log2kml for Windows or LINUX. It has all known commands and a undocumented command to adjust sharpness for jpg files.
ScreenshotCGO3_1.png
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz

br HE

Let to say.
The latest CGO3+ firmware doesn't serve more rtsp. The camera IP is 192.168.42.1 and initialization works well with GET request, the response is with all parameters, but no video in VLC.

The official CGO application for Android crashes too but gives a picture for a second or two.

FW version is 3,2,34(A)

Last edited:
With the port number, I got a black screen, but no error.

Probably I should prepare something for video broadcast before watching. For now, I just do initialization.

Some commands from known don't work too.

Any good android sniffer to see what is ST16 doing with CGO3+?

How to download from the camera SD card via Wi-Fi is interesting too.

Correction! All commands work, I have used the wrong syntax. Only the stream isn't here.

Last edited:
Tested with connected to ST16 and to the tablet simultaneously. The same. All commands work fine from the tablet, video goes to the ST16, VLC gives a black screen for a second or two, and nothing more.

Somewhere I read about the significant lag in transmission when more than one Wi-Fi connection is established. For this reason, I decide to broadcast the ST16 screen via 5.8G analog transmitter with a source from HDMI output.

In the next week, I'm awaiting one more CGO3+ camera. I don't know what FW version will be inside, but it is older than mine, I'll try to get a video, just to clarify my system workability and differentiation in firmware.

A browser is enough to download files from SD card via WiFi. The connection is slow by default.

You can make the connection faster but it is only good to download pictures:
SET_WIFI_SPEED&speed_rate=9
For videos it is still to slow. Speed rate is from 1..9, default speed_rate is 1.

br HE

Changing the speed responds with OK but the speed is still 6Mbps. Tried to restart the wifi in the tablet after changing the value to 9, but it still connects to 6Mbps. Any magic movement, which is missing by me?

Download via HTTP works.

With speed=9 it should be 54M. I have tested with CGO3. Have to check if CGO3+ has the same behaviour. I believe I had the same results with CGO3+ but it is long time ago.

br HE

With one or nine, always link is 6 Mbps. I'll check with another cam after a week. I'll post the result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval