Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Retracted Landing Gear for Storage & Transport

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to retract the landing in a power off state, or how to power off the h with retracted landing gear. I would like to reduce the profile of the h for storage and transport. and getting the landing gear in the retracted position would help greatly.

turn h upside down after powering on and then retract gear .
while still upside down pull battery.

i would make sure to take off the camera though .
That's perfect. I want to fit the h in a carryon suitcase so that I don't have to check it.

Your lipo's need to be in a lipo bag and carried on as well. Lipo's should not be in checked baggage. But you probably already knew that.
Actually i didn't know that, i ask the airlines every time when i check in and they always tell me to check the battery as well.... which seemed strange to me. I would hate to have to miss a flight due to a battery so I always check it as the airlines advise me.

turn h upside down after powering on and then retract gear .
while still upside down pull battery.

i would make sure to take off the camera though .
It worked as you suggested, I'm going to see if i can build a low profile case for it now. I have to figure out how to keep the stress off the motor arms and ensure it's resting on the retracted landing gear. Thanks again for the advise!!!!

Actually i didn't know that, i ask the airlines every time when i check in and they always tell me to check the battery as well.... which seemed strange to me. I would hate to have to miss a flight due to a battery so I always check it as the airlines advise me.
Strange. I've seen dozens of posts from frequent flyers who all say the lipo's must be in a fireproof bag and in the carryon. Since it's possible for a lipo to catch on fire, the passenger compartment is the safest place. Add to that the increased likelihood of damage by baggage handling and the risk increases. A damaged lipo can burst into flames immediately. The only exception is when a lithium battery is installed in the equipment it is used in. So if your H is in checked baggage it could have one battery installed. All others must be in the carryon.

Here is the FAA guidline:
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

An article on the subject for international flights:
New Regulations Regarding Flying with LiPo Batteries | cinema5D

Reactions: jazzman81
Strange. I've seen dozens of posts from frequent flyers who all say the lipo's must be in a fireproof bag and in the carryon. Since it's possible for a lipo to catch on fire, the passenger compartment is the safest place. Add to that the increased likelihood of damage by baggage handling and the risk increases. A damaged lipo can burst into flames immediately. The only exception is when a lithium battery is installed in the equipment it is used in. So if your H is in checked baggage it could have one battery installed. All others must be in the carryon.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

This probably belongs in another thread...
The airlines and their staff may or may not have a clue:

Looks like there are a fair number of relevant threads already. Given that I'm new in town I think I'll let it go...

My suspicions are that only people interested in flying drones are familiar with FAA drone regulations. I've been told many things I know to be incorrect by officials and police, knowing what I know about FAA regulations. I'm a black man living in America so I do what the person in front of me tells me to do to stay out of trouble. I'm always sure to get names of people who direct me to something with my drone and report back to their org to help spread the word about FAA drone regulations. Little to no one is educating and enforcing FAA drone regulations right now.

Last edited:
Little to no one is educating and enforcing FAA drone regulations right now

Agreed.

Best you can do is carry copies of the pertinent regulations with you, and even then it's a crap-shoot.

I'm a black man living in America so I do what the person in front of me tells me to do to stay out of trouble.

May not mean much to you coming from a white guy living in a white town in a white state, but it shames me that you need to do that.

Reactions: jazzman81
Agreed.

Best you can do is carry copies of the pertinent regulations with you, and even then it's a crap-shoot.

May not mean much to you coming from a white guy living in a white town in a white state, but it shames me that you need to do that.
It means a ton... thx :)

I've never carried LiPo's in a LiPo bag on a flight and I fly a lot with my job, like every six weeks all over the world. I always hand carry LiPo's in my backpack, never checked. I'm not saying i'm right but i've never been told otherwise by an airline. I guess it would not hurt to get a bag anyway. I think the lack of regulation education on the part of the officials is a very good point. Also carrying the relevant rules for each airline is a **** good idea, especially for Delta and American in my case. They cant really argue with their own rules. Well, they could I guess, just takes the wrong sort on the other side of the check-in desk or someone having a bad day. By the way, I may be white but i'm a foreigner and I do get the third degree a lot more than most US citizens, especially by Customs & Border and Homeland. I get that they have a job to do but at least know the answers before throwing out the questions. It's not my job to educate them. My drones are registered at my business address in the US and I now carry the 152 page FAA Rules and Regs with me. I could do without the extra weight but pulling out a laptop to show them a PDF isn't going to work. I'm currently highlighting the important stuff so I can quick reference. However, this brings another problem, some people (in a position of power) don't like being told they are wrong, especially when my passport is the wrong colour, and when they have a badge and a gun I tend to just go with the flow. It basically sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi