Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reviving gimbal of CGO3+?

Reaction score
Hey folks!
I disassembled one of my CGO3+ cams with the goal to add a FLIR Lepton sensor to it. So far so good. After reassembling everything, I now ended up with full camera control, but absolutely no gimbal reaction. The LEDs on the gimbal board show three short flashes blue and red when powering up, then changing to a constant green light. Sound is 5 short beeps in a row, then the typical start melody, but absolutely no movement of the motors, everything is staying limp? I already checked the orientation of the position sensor boards, they are just like in my other cams. Is there a defined position for the motors too?
Any ideas, where to go on with troubleshooting?

Until you're waiting for some advice, can you share with us what exactly you replaced and how did the connection with the camera board?

Reactions: APack
Until you're waiting for some advice, can you share with us what exactly you replaced and how did the connection with the camera board?
No connection been made... The Lepton module is completely separate and powered by a Raspberry PiZero, which shall also distribute the signal to WLAN. First attempt was to completely get rid off the CGO camera module, but giving it a second thought, why should I? But first of all, I need to get the gimbal up working again, as I don't want to have a poor (160x120px) resolution AND no stabilization.

There are two small reset buttons on the back of the camera near the SD card slot. Check to ensure the cover is not misaligned and pressing the reset buttons. Push them with a toothpick. You should feel them click down and back up.

Reactions: Nesher
Pushing the reset buttons didn't make a change... gimbal motors remain limp ?.
I would hate myself if I had killed a working CGO3+ by just disassembling and reassembling - ESD shock is something I would deny, as all took place on my ESD field mat.
Any other ideas?

Hey folks!
The LEDs on the gimbal board show three short flashes blue and red when powering up, then changing to a constant green light. Sound is 5 short beeps in a row, then the typical start melody,
The lights should be blue and green, and no short beeps before the start melody. The board is trying to tell you something is not right. I would start by reviewing all of the connectors to ensure everything is plugged in the correct place.
cgo3+ Gimbal Board Connections5.jpg

It starts with red and blue LED, but then switches to a slow green blinking. During start-up it sounds 5 short beeps followed by a quieter melody like when starting the H itself.
I don't get any of the failure codes described in the doc.
Seems like I have to give the techs at Yuneec a call, confessing I tried to save some money by building my own cheap version of CGOET ?. But as they are always helpful and nice to talk with, perhaps they can help - finally it's for the good of saving little deer from being crippled by harvesters. Hopefully they have a heart for Bambi?.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hi, just a thought have you turned off the Raspberry as it may be over powering the CGO3+ wifi to setup connection to the H.

T

Hi, just a thought have you turned off the Raspberry as it may be over powering the CGO3+ wifi to setup connection to the H.

T
It's off - so wifi interference is not the issue. I can also connect my smartphone to the camera. Everything's fine, except for the lack of the gimbal functionality.

I would check all senor connections with a ohm meter incase there's a short somewhere.

T
That's been on the to-do-list for today... unfortunately public transportation here had other plans ?, so I couldn't get to my work place where I would have had access to a full electronics workshop. Now I'll have to wait for Monday, but perhaps also the chance to have some of our R&D engineers having a look at it.

OK I would then do what my old teacher taught us.

Can you put the CGO3+, back to stock and see if it works.

T

OK I would then do what my old teacher taught us.

Can you put the CGO3+, back to stock and see if it works.

T
Good teacher ??. That's where I am at - tryin' to revive the original config, baselining and THEN go for the mods again, step by step.
Shouldn't be telling to loud, as I earn my money by harassing our engineers to stick to the procedures and process planning. ?.

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval