Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RIP Chewbacca

RPR

Reaction score
In another life, I had an awesome adventure shooting for TIME, as well as TIME KIDS as director of photography, and media photographer stationed in San Francisco, Ca and Hawaii. During this time period, I got to meet George Lucas, and Peter Mayhew a.k.a Chewbacca at the Lucas estate. Today seems appropriate to share a photo of Chewie.

Thank you for the great memories Chewbacca.. May the force be with you.

Last edited:
Also... If you fly DJI he is on every production videos, the face, inventor and one of owner of the company. He was also the co-owner of the of the business that we both build, during the good old days.

IMG_1263.jpg

Reactions: Auburnweedkiller
Working for TIME must have been a great experience! Meeting and working with people from all walks of life.

My condolences to Peter’s friends and family as it is never easy with the passing of a loved one.

Reactions: RPR
RIP, condolences to family and friends. The young age of 74 had to be heart felt. I hadn’t keep track, was he failing in health in anyway?

@RPR... gotta toss in a little humor... I’m Scottish and respect of the loss soul doesn’t pass without a few laughs for the spirit!

Peter stands 7’2”, and I can relate a bit being 6’8”.
Dang Dude... you’re a bit under the clouds! :);)

Congrats to you for all the experiences you’ve had opportunity to perform and meet... exciting!

Expand on the later of your post, the DJI component... I find that intriguing. I wasn’t aware of Peter’s involvement. Maybe saw the name, but never associated it as one the same.

Reactions: RPR
@RPR , I think you were just accused of flying nap-of-the-earth. o_O

Reactions: RPR and Dougcjohn
Expand on the later of your post, the DJI component... I find that intriguing. I wasn’t aware of Peter’s involvement. Maybe saw the name, but never associated it as one the same.

Man, the story is long, but we Hawaiians loves a good story. The story will take us how I ended up with a camera, a month into my service during Enduring Freedom (2001) and gotten an honorable discharge (2008) depressed for a good year.. LOL when I got into civilian circulation, I got into tuning cars (We were not into rice rockets) RC helis, and cameras.... And worked on the first Phantom that at the time, I was skeptical. The years of friendship and the love for the hobby glued us together.

@RPR , I think you were just accused of flying nap-of-the-earth. o_O

LOL.... I have been for awhile. If it wasn't for having a Yuneec product, I would not virtually resurface, except for Instagram (Free marketing place)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777