Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Satisfied with european support ? Not really !!!

Reaction score
The story :
I bought my H at the end of june. It was my first drone. So "logically" I got a crash at the 5th flight. The superior part of the gimbal had some cracks that I fixed with glue. Then I had more than 50 flight without any problem and I produced some nice footage (I'm proud of this one
)
then after 2 month, I got some vibration issues on my videos. So I tried many thing (cleaning, balancing, updating etc...) but nothing to do. So I decided to send my bird to Yuneec europe in germany.
After loosing one week trying to get a contact, I finally got a RMA.
august the 2nd : H sent to Yuneec
august the 25th : I finally got a mail with the cost estimate... a arm must be change and the cgo too for 606 € !!! whoow... They change because they consider That the problem comes from my early crash
They want to change the camera for a larger price that what you can find on the internet
Yuneec price : 550 €, internet price (a german reseller) 470 €

I tried to explain to them that I was amazed by the price of the cgo, I also tried to explain that I was a great supporter of the H by developping some tools like my CCC editor and maybe they could make of small effort but nohting to do

So I made this small calculation
- I change the camera not being sure to have a working drone (I lost my confidence in Yuneec) and I pay 606 €
OR
- I don't change the camera
- I resell my H (the H, the ST16, the filters, the 2 batteries, the backpack 18 propellers, the wizard) for 600 €
- and I buy a new H for 1300 € - 600 = 700 € !
- or I buy a Phantom 3 pro for 1000 € - 600 = 400 € !

Yes I am angry and disappointed.
You have also noticed that my english is horrible !

The story :
I bought my H at the end of june. It was my first drone. So "logically" I got a crash at the 5th flight. The superior part of the gimbal !

Eric, this is not the good news that should come to you especially for the work you've done on the app...This app that has been to so much use to so many Yuneec customers...your experience is the opposite of the experience I've had with Yuneec UK who didn't charge for repairs to mine, gave me a new CGO3P, and shipped back quickly for free.

Before you pay anything could you send an email to this guy. USDRONEREPAIR he (Jermy) repaired a zenmuse gimbal of mine that was by all means wrecked...he did this quickly and at little cost..

The cost they are charging you doesn't sound fair. They can't prove that your camera problems now are due to a crash you had long ago. At the most it should be a shared cost (half the price of the camera).

Try and speak with more than one person higher in the management chain until you get what you want.

You have contributed so much to the H scene by developing the useful app that must influence sales. There must be someone in the mighty Yuneec EU organisation with some common sense to sort you out. Along with Tuna you have done a lot of useful work that the dopey buggers should have thought of themselves.
Having invested in an H myself my blood boils when I see evidence of the faceless ones ignoring genuine cases that need consideration. I do hope that my importer Yuneec UK continue to buck the trend and use common sense.

Reactions: Sparkorc
Eric, this is very sad news that Yuneec has an inability to recognize those who are helping to move H's usefulness and marketability forward. Your contribution merits a new H and then some in my opinion. There are many mysteries with regard to how they do business but this one is unfathomable. Their continued lack of support for developers is a grave mistake which if it continues will come back to haunt them.

Reactions: JohnL and Sparkorc
I also hope that Yuneec UK continue with the way they deal with issues when I have had issues they have been dealt with great satisfaction, its a shame that not all Yuneec customer services people are not singing from the same hymn sheet.

Eric - I would persevere with your issue and as others have said go higher up the management chain, if need be refer them to this this forum after all the good work you have done to benefit Yuneec users and indirectly Yuneec themselves, they should defiantly deal with your case sympathetically and to your satisfaction, I fail to see how they can say your crash was a direct cause of the vibration problem especially after a further two month of use without any vibration problem, hopefully you can provide them with video evidence since the original crash this will support your case.

I also agree their continued lack of support for developers like you is a very grave mistake.

I hate to point it out but the CCC editor may not make you their favourite person because if someone made a mistake with it and put a waypoint in the middle of a building and then phoned up Yuneec saying their CCC failed them and crashed the H they would not be happy. Don't get me wrong, I like your work but they may not.

All companies would probably behave like this with previous crash damage. You almost need to prove to them that it crashed on X date, then flew perfectly fine following the repair and on another date had this vibration issue. Do you have videos and flight logs to prove that to them?

Also are you sure its the camera and not the craft, do you live near someone else with a H that you can swap the camera over and test?

I hate to point it out but the CCC editor may not make you their favourite person because if someone made a mistake with it and put a waypoint in the middle of a building and then phoned up Yuneec saying their CCC failed them and crashed the H they would not be happy. Don't get me wrong, I like your work but they may not.

All companies would probably behave like this with previous crash damage. You almost need to prove to them that it crashed on X date, then flew perfectly fine following the repair and on another date had this vibration issue. Do you have videos and flight logs to prove that to them?

Also are you sure its the camera and not the craft, do you live near someone else with a H that you can swap the camera over and test?
Do get me wrong, I'm not saying that because I did ccc editor I MUST have super price !
I'm just saying that trying to sell me a camera for a bigger price that what I find in a reseller store is really stupid.
And I agree with your thoughts about ccc editor. Yes It's a dangerous thing if you use whithout thinking but it's also a super tools in some cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop