Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Saving photos and video to a Flash Drive?

Reaction score
Can photos and videos on the ST16S Controller be SAVED to a Flash Drive from the ST16S?

(Resolved)

Last edited:
Those are all low resolution 720p from the camera view while in flight. You really want to save the photos and video from the SD card installed in the camera.

You can save the ones from the ST16S to an SD card or to your computer via USB.

Those are all low resolution 720p from the camera view while in flight. You really want to save the photos and video from the SD card installed in the camera.

You can save the ones from the ST16S to an SD card or to your computer via USB.
But what, where and how do you save the images on the ST16S to a flash drive in the USB?

I'm not sure the ST16 will recognize a USB flash drive. Is there a reason you prefer not to use an sd card?

But what, where and how do you save the images on the ST16S to a flash drive in the USB?
One way is to connect the ST16 to your computer via a data capable USB cord, and copy the pictures to your computer or directly to your flash drive.
ST16 Pics.jpg

Another way is using an SD card in the ST16. Go to Pad/file manager/categories, then select either "pictures" or "video". The files can then be copied to the SD card, the card moved to your computer using an adapter, then copy from the SD card to the flash drive.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Can photos and videos on the ST16S Controller be SAVED to a Flash Drive from the ST16S?
I've decided to go the micro sim card route with an adapter directly into by PCs USB port.

Thanks for all the advice. Love learning and on this forum can learn if want to.

Just plugged a USB disk into my ST16S - shows up and works just fine. As long as it's formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 (not exFAT or NTFS) it should work.
From there, it's the same as using the SD card, but it's called "U Disk" in the file manager instead of SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis