Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Seeking knowledge

Reaction score
Just got a used q500. Put a new cgo3 on it and having issues. When I power it up, I don't get video feed. The screen just turns off and on and I can't access any of the menus. Any ideas. I did the firmware but I never got a purple light.

Is the battery of the ST10+ OK? Connect ST10+ to USB loader and check if on/off screen is still present.
If yes: Load the battery of the ST10 - this may take time depending on USB loader.
If no: ST10+ is defect - there are many reasons. I would try to get another ST10+. Should be cheap second hand.

Reactions: Peter b
Is the battery of the ST10+ OK? Connect ST10+ to USB loader and check if on/off screen is still present.
If yes: Load the battery of the ST10 - this may take time depending on USB loader.
If no: ST10+ is defect - there are many reasons. I would try to get another ST10+. Should be cheap second hand.
I have a st 12 that came with some of the original q500 drones. I sold my last q so it's yours for $50.00 if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a st 12 that came with some of the original q500 drones. I sold my last q so it's yours for $50.00 if

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

I should clarify. The camera a refurb. The screen doesn't do this if the camera is unplugged. I also now can't get the camera to show up in the bind screen.

If the ST10 screen is reacting (for good or for bad) to the camera being turned on, it means that camera is bound to the controller. That implies that at some point you had access to the screens, and then something went wrong.
We can better help if you can give us a sequence of events from the time you got the new camera until the problem showed up. For instance, you mentioned firmware, but did not mention if it was controller, camera or drone firmware. Or all of them. Please let us know what was updated, what versions were used, and what happened.

If the ST10 screen is reacting (for good or for bad) to the camera being turned on, it means that camera is bound to the controller. That implies that at some point you had access to the screens, and then something went wrong.
We can better help if you can give us a sequence of events from the time you got the new camera until the problem showed up. For instance, you mentioned firmware, but did not mention if it was controller, camera or drone firmware. Or all of them. Please let us know what was updated, what versions were used, and what happened.
the cgo2 that came with drone had a bad gimble. So I bought a refurb cgo3. When I first installed it all I got was the image it captured when I first turned it on. So i did the firmware and updates on the cgo3 and the st10. For the cgo3 I installed cgo3gb_2.4.00_a_firmware,bin. For the st10 I did st10v01.01b43c. That's when it started flashing. I do have tilt control on the gimbel. I don't have the usb adapter for the q500. So it has not been done yet. If needed I can post a video of the screen on st10. I really hate being new to something and having to learn from scratch.

the cgo2 that came with drone had a bad gimble. So I bought a refurb cgo3. When I first installed it all I got was the image it captured when I first turned it on. So i did the firmware and updates on the cgo3 and the st10. For the cgo3 I installed cgo3gb_2.4.00_a_firmware,bin. For the st10 I did st10v01.01b43c. That's when it started flashing. I do have tilt control on the gimbel. I don't have the usb adapter for the q500. So it has not been done yet. If needed I can post a video of the screen on st10. I really hate being new to something and having to learn from scratch.
The original problem was probably not a firmware issue. But now it is, and it is going to be a little tricky figuring out how to fix the firmware.

The first bit of luck might be the CGo2. If you still have it, mount it and see if you can access the ST10 screens to bind back to the CGo2 video. That will help us understand if the controller firmware is working. If the CGo2 gimbal is doing the two slow, three fast beep thing, tilt the Q500 back on it's rear motors and landing gear tips before powering up. The gimbal might actually start that way.
Also please check closely to ensure the controller is the original ST10 instead of the ST10+.

The original problem was probably not a firmware issue. But now it is, and it is going to be a little tricky figuring out how to fix the firmware.

The first bit of luck might be the CGo2. If you still have it, mount it and see if you can access the ST10 screens to bind back to the CGo2 video. That will help us understand if the controller firmware is working. If the CGo2 gimbal is doing the two slow, three fast beep thing, tilt the Q500 back on it's rear motors and landing gear tips before powering up. The gimbal might actually start that way.
Also please check closely to ensure the controller is the original ST10 instead of the ST10+.
The cgo2 does get video feed, but the gimble still doesn't work. The controller is a st10 not the st10+.

The cgo2 does get video feed, but the gimble still doesn't work. The controller is a st10 not the st10+.
Also I'm not sure if this is right or wrong , but there can be as much as 1 to 3 seconds delay between moving the left joy stick and change in the drones rpms.

Also I'm not sure if this is right or wrong , but there can be as much as 1 to 3 seconds delay between moving the left joy stick and change in the drones rpms.
The delay should not be that long, but we can deal with that later. It is good news the CGo2 confirms the controller screen still works. That confirms the CGo3 is the problem, and you mentioned the firmware update did not seem to go correctly.
The camera firmware update has some tricks to it.
What guidance were you using?
Did you know to rename the file to just "firmware.bin" prior to inserting in the camera?

Last edited:
I copied and installed the file the way I got it from the yuneec skins site

I tried renaming both the 2.4 and the 3.0 at different times. With the 3.0 I got the purple light but I still have the same issue.

You can download the CGO3 APP to your phone as a final check, but it really sounds like the symptoms of WIFI antenna damage. Or something similar.
You mentioned the camera was a refurb. Can you return it for an exchange?

Also, there is an extra step to the firmware update that is not obvious. After the camera LED flashes purple for a period of time, the LED will go dark. You have to turn the camera off, turn it back on, and leave it alone for about two minutes to finish the update. Then you can shut it down and remove the SD card. I was not sure if you also knew about that part.

I will try letting it sit for a while. If it's the antenna any idea how much to fix or can I do it myself

If it's the antenna any idea how much to fix or can I do it myself
This post has pictures. The thread itself has lots of good information.
You can do a search for other video problems. Most problems just result in no video at all. The antenna is commonly associated with weak signal, but there are other possibilities.

You can contact Yuneec Skins or Vertigo Drones for a repair estimate if you don't want to troubleshoot, repair or replace the antenna yourself:
West Coast:

East Coast:

Thank you for all your help. Unfortunately it didn't work. Being as new to this as I am I think I will send to a repair facility and see what happens. Again thank you very much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwalston