Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sefton coastline

Reaction score
Hi All. Having watched many excellent geographical videos from members on this forum from all around the world, I thought it was time I put my locality on the video map. I live on the Sefton coast in North-west England, alongside the River Mersey. It's not nearly as spectacular as much of the landscape video we are used to seeing here, but with a tide that can travel out for up to a mile each day there is plenty of space for drone flying. The ship-wreck near the end of the clip is the 'Ionic Star', which grounded in 1939 en-route from Brazil, and was subsequently used for target practice by the RAF in the second world war ( No. 93 Ionic Star - the drone videos in the youtube links in this web-site are not mine!). The wreck is only really visible at really low tides, a few times per year.

Happy to receive comment.

Hey Tone-Drone the video doesn't show?

Hi All. Having watched many excellent geographical videos from members on this forum from all around the world, I thought it was time I put my locality on the video map. I live on the Sefton coast in North-west England, alongside the River Mersey. It's not nearly as spectacular as much of the landscape video we are used to seeing here, but with a tide that can travel out for up to a mile each day there is plenty of space for drone flying. The ship-wreck near the end of the clip is the 'Ionic Star', which grounded in 1939 en-route from Brazil, and was subsequently used for target practice by the RAF in the second world war ( No. 93 Ionic Star - the drone videos in the youtube links in this web-site are not mine!). The wreck is only really visible at really low tides, a few times per year.

Happy to receive comment.

Nice [emoji16]

love the drone shadow bit hard to make a long stretch of sand interesting but a good video never the less and a great place to fly.
I would say you have a great subject matter with the shipwreck
have a look at @RPR work on the cement ship might give you some ideas

I like the shipwreck.:cool:
I saw your drone shadow, you were flying with the gears down?
Also I noticed a bit of jello effect???
One more, were all all the other beach bums and girls?;)

One more, were all all the other beach bums and girls?;)
All the beach bums and girls are prolly in Liverpool, just a few miles south of Sefton. Drunk out of their minds and doing drugs ;)

Sefton beach is prolly less than 50 miles away from where I live but I've never had the urge to do a flight there. Having seen the above video I think I may have a tootle over there at some point:)

love the drone shadow bit hard to make a long stretch of sand interesting but a good video never the less and a great place to fly.
I would say you have a great subject matter with the shipwreck
have a look at @RPR work on the cement ship might give you some ideas
Just looked at Altitude Angel. The place is close to Woodvale Flight Restriction Zone so a pilot would need to be careful not to wander into the FRZ unless he gets a permission. A flight there is legally doable so long as the pilot heads West from the carpark to the beach (about 438 mtrs) and takes off from the Crown Estate since if not on the beach he would be on National Trust land. Having seen the above video I'm thinking of having a fly there at some point.

Beach bums and girls?! This isn't California or Florida. This is North-west England in the winter. Beach bums and girls would be suicidal to expose their sun-tans here.
Yes, the gears were down. I often don't bother to raise them unless I am panning the camera.
It's correct about the Woodvale FRZ, and there is an army camp nearby to the south where they do live firing, so has to be treated as a Danger Area. Having said that, the tide goes out far enough for safe flying (so check the tide tables if you're thinking of visiting).
P.S. The girls doing drink & drugs in Liverpool are usually getting the train home to Manchester afterwards ;)

Reactions: FlushVision
P.S. The girls doing drink & drugs in Liverpool are usually getting the train home to Manchester afterwards ;)
So long as they don't come to the other side of Manchester. Rochdale has enough of its pissed up druggies thank you.:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop