Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Setting up Team Mode on H+

Reaction score
Figured I would post it in here regarding setting up team mode. Hope this helps.

Steps to link 2 ST16s controllers in Team Mode.

1. Startup both controllers and make sure your master controller is connected to the drone and camera. Do not try to connect the slave controller directly to the camera, you will not be able to initiate Team Mode on either controller if you do so.

2. Select the task icon and click Team Mode on both controllers.

3. On the Master Controller, there is an Equipment ID listed in the Team Mode window, this is the name of the Hotspot of the Master Controller. On the slave controller, you will see the Equipment ID of the Master Controllers SSID Hotspot it creates for the controller in the list window. Tap the hotspot name.

4. If this is your first time using team mode, a dialog box will be displayed on the Master controller prompting for permission of the slave controller to connect to the master. Click OK. You should immediately see video on the slave controller of the drone. You can now control the drone's video recording, settings and camera position with the standard camera controls.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for posting this video. However it is not actually my problem. The problem I have is when I try to switch the 2nd controller from Master (the default) to Slave. The slider moves over to Slave, but snaps right back to Master as soon as I lift my finger. It will not stay on Slave.Then I get a notice that says "Slave cannot connect to WiFi. I never get to the prompt asking for permission.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for posting this video. However it is not actually my problem. The problem I have is when I try to switch the 2nd controller from Master (the default) to Slave. The slider moves over to Slave, but snaps right back to Master as soon as I lift my finger. It will not stay on Slave. I never get to the prompt asking for permission.

Is your slave connected to the camera? If so, disconnect it and connect it back to the master and try again with the slave controller.

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr
That may be the problem. I had them both connected to the camera before starting team mode.

I had this issue because I thought I was supposed to connect the slave to the camera directly but quickly realized that wasn't how it worked. You actually piggy back off the master controller's wifi hotspot it creates for the slave controller.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Is your slave connected to the camera? If so, disconnect it and connect it back to the master and try again with the slave controller.
Good News! That is the missing instruction Jack!! Yes, the camera was connected, as soon as I disconnected it I was able to get it all to work just like you said. Thank you again!

Now the bad news. Unlike the H480, the Plus Team Mode does NOT give you gimbal control with the 2nd ST16s Joystick, you must use the pan Knob and Tilt Slider.

Oh come on Yuneec, REALLY? You had the H480 so close to perfection, all it took was the Plus airframe and FC to achieve flight perfection, but you flushed all the cool features of the H480 down the toilet in the process. I'm not sure is was that good of a trade!:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMTaco
Good News! That is the missing instruction Jack!! Yes, the camera was connected, as soon as I disconnected it I was bale to get it all to work just like you said. Thank you again!

Now the bad news. Unlike the H480, the Plus Team Mode does NOT give you gimbal control with the 2nd ST16s, you must use the pan Knob and Tilt Slider.

Oh come on Yuneec, REALLY? You had the H480 so close to perfection, all it took was the Plus airframe and FC to achieve flight perfection, but you flushed all the cool features of the H480 down the toilet in the process. I'm not sure is was that good of a trade!:mad:

Glad that worked out! I immediately noticed the issue with not having the second stick as camera control. I'm about to start figuring out if it's a controller layout setting or if Yuneec is waiting to "ADD" that feature as part of their next "impressive" rollout firmware updates.

You actually piggy back off the master controller's wifi hotspot it creates for the slave controller.
That is a much better solution than connecting both controllers to the camera. Doing so would cause more lag and shorter distance. Yuneec got this part right. Kudos to them.
Now for the right stick control........

I had this issue because I thought I was supposed to connect the slave to the camera directly but quickly realized that wasn't how it worked. You actually piggy back off the master controller's wifi hotspot it creates for the slave controller.
I have never tried Team mode on the H. I'm curious now if the same scheme is used or if both controllers are connected to the camera. The slave behaves in more of a CCC camera mode in that situation.

I immediately noticed the issue with not having the second stick as camera control. I'm about to start figuring out if it's a controller layout setting or if Yuneec is waiting to "ADD" that feature as part of their next "impressive" rollout firmware updates.

STOP THE PRESSES!

I just discovered how to get Joystick Gimbal control.
Just below the Active Team Mode Icon on the screen, there is a finger pointing to an ST16s controller. Tap that icon and a pop-up will appear giving you the choice between knobs or Joystick.
Enjoy!
(P.S. I take back my Yuneec rant, not all of them, just the joystick rant!)

Last edited:
If DCH or another user does not want to make a video, I would be glad to get together with you Jack, after all to do it right we'll need two of us but you've definitely explained it well enough in your video and DCH found the other little part. Way to go guys, I love this forum.??

Like RPR, I think this is gonna cost me, now i'm gonna start looking for a spare ST-16s of my own.

I will write some short concise instructions and with the video Jack just posted here, we will have a good sticky for Team Mode. Then when you guys get your demonstration video done we can link them and have a very good rescource.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie