Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SFOC ISSUES

• Lateral distance of at least 100 feet away from any building, structure, vehicle, vessel, animal or person unless: (a) The building, structure, vehicle, vessel or animal is the subject of the aerial work; and (b) Only persons inherent to the operation are present.
This is the important condition, I do roof inspections and I would fall under this exemption.

Again unless its a building out in the country an Exemption would be hard to use for roof inspections, as they cannot be used within built-up areas.

And it is 500' lateral for UAV over 1KG.

So remote and 500' from roads basically.

Is there any training programs for the visual observer shy of taking the pilot training course, they are asking for there certification also

Is there any training programs for the visual observer shy of taking the pilot training course, they are asking for there certification also
You can self train your observer, just need to define the training they will have. Granted a groundschool is always better but generally only the pilot requires it.

I applied April 4 for PNR SFOC and received my restricted - complex SFOC May 4. Applied for insurance and got it within a couple of days. Now to find areas to fly where don't have to write up Notams for as we are surrounded by airports, private airports and heliports.

Again unless its a building out in the country an Exemption would be hard to use for roof inspections, as they cannot be used within built-up areas.

And it is 500' lateral for UAV over 1KG.

So remote and 500' from roads basically.

I am in the country which in 90% of the inspections fall within the Exemption. Until my SFOC is done I think I'm ok. It's a good idea to check in with the local RCMP or Sheriff's office to let them know your in the area. It works pretty good and safe for me. No problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge