Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Simple Front Orientation Markings

Reaction score
I would imagine many of you have seen this done in the past on other Hexa,s. I had to do this to my S800 EVO due to the fact that at distance looking at the craft whose background was the treeline,I would loose visual orientation of the black hexa.

Any good hobby shop will have what I used here in the attached photo. The vinyl material which has a self adhesive backing came in a 6 inch by 3 foot strip. I cut it to size on the matte cutter I use for my photographs. Cost of the materials was $5.00 from Hobby Town. On the back 2 booms on the H is where I located both my FAA and Tele #.

DJ2A6352_zpsaaawsqpp.jpg

Great Idea and looks good!

For whatever reason I find the "hex" harder to determine orientation than my Phantom or when I had my Q500..

60% of the time I fly with the "H" facing away from me, therefore I placed the "high reflective" markers on the rear of the two middle arms. It's just high visibility tape that you can get at any automotive store.

MARKERS.jpg

Reactions: Steve Young
Both very good ideas

We wouldnt need that tape if Yuneec hurried up and made a gps google map just like DJI has where it shows your orientation and a fly path back home

like the first pic, had similar on my Wookong M quad, but yellow over the tubes, which after a certain distance was pretty much pointless though. so i just turn it until i see the rear LED and Blue on the left.

I've used Yellow Heat Shrink on the front landing skids, sometime after to lower the gear to orientate however works ok.

The Yellow is not as vibrant as I would have liked, would maybe suggest a blue

Hunter orange is high visibility over half a mile

Hunter orange is high visibility over half a mile
Why bother of marking the "H"? Just look at the "Green Arrow" to find out how its flying! When the Green Arrow is in the top the "H" is facing away from you - and vice versa!
As simple as that!

I think people want an analog backup to having telemetry, something that doesn't require them to take their eyes off the bird.

I think people want an analog backup to having telemetry, something that doesn't require them to take their eyes off the bird.
Ok....but don't "they" keep an eye at the voltage now and then? ;) the bird is hopefully up there anyway..

I did the same to my old phantom I applied to the front arms and the body front, the fluorescent red tape they use on real helicopters, this prove great be able to see at a distance especially being phantoms are white and difficult to see in overcast or cloudy conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22