Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Mode not working correctly

Reaction score
i have read all over but have not been able to find an answer or figure this out. My 4K acts strange in smart mode. It will not hold position. It constantly drifts away from my position. It is not the geofence I can have the drone 50' in the air and 100' from me switch from angle to smart mode and the drift away starts. Also I can barely get the drone to move toward my position. Angle mode no problems only in smart mode. I have calibrated the compass and the controller. Also smart mode doesn't function correctly on the flight controls, it functions just like it's in angle mode. Any help,would be appreciated.

Just some thoughts....
Did you recalibrate the accelerometer ?
Does the LEd indicator show your in Smart mode when you make the change ?
Turn the Geo fence off or set it to the minimums and try again.
Try reloading the firmware in the Q and see if it helps.

Reactions: Diver0258
Return to home does appear
to work. I have reloaded the firmware in the bird and have recalibrate the accelerometer. I'm not sure about the lights showing smart mode. I will have to research that. The arrow showing home never points my direction.

Hook up to the GUI and confirm everything is working well.
When your in smart mode, what color is the LED on the bottom of the Q ?
It should be Green in Smart mode and Purple in Angle mode.

Reactions: Diver0258
When I hook up to the computer all,appears to be ok. The gyro numbers are jumping around. I am going to reload the firmware on the st10+. I will try again tomorrow afternoon and verify the led color on the bird. I just can't understand why it won't hover steady in smart mode and ther is little or no motion when I attempt to fly toward my position. Flip to angle it flys like a dream.

I agree with Wingshooter....
Sure sounds like something is up with that Geo Fence..
The accelerometer readings will always show motion of some kind. Even when it's sitting still.
Be sure you do your calibrating on a very flat surface.
I would also add that you really do want to learn to fly in Angle mode as soon as possible and then there's no need for smart mode at all.

Reactions: Wingshooter
Thanks for all of the help! Ok all issues solved! Smart mode is working. It has to be the geofence distance to pilot. I ran through all of the settings light functions etc. Everything is spot on. The drone will not fly toward my position even if its about 40' away. I can fly in angle mode with out issue. But as I am considering selling this drone and moving to another model I didn't want to sell it to someone with issues. This drone is just too glitchy for me. Drone sat for about 4 months all the batteries are swelling! Just ordered new batteries. I have a good charger that balances and is adjustable for charge rate, batteries were reduced to storage voltage. I am very conservative with charging. I never had these issues with my DJI's. I really like the controller with the built in screen but I am seriously considering going back to DJI. To everyone of the Q pilots here I really appreciate the help.

That's good news. Glad you got it worked out.
Hoping you'll stick with Yuneec.
As with all new stuff... there's a bit of a learning curve but once you get past that things go really well.
Happy Flying,
Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech