Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart remote with gopro

Reaction score
Heard conflicting reports on wether I can use the gopro smart remote to start the camera while in flight instead of on the ground before I take off. Any experience with this or thoughts? Brand new hear, first post so I hope this is okay.

I would not use the go pros 2.4 wifi while flying the G using the transmitter control signal also on 2.4 wifi.
You may get by with it until one sad day when the transmitter hops frequency directly conflicting with the transmitter.

Why risk it? Use a little more camera battery and sift thru a little more footage and keep yourself from the agony of watching your copter fly off on its own uncontrollable.
I personally saw an older phantom do this and my friend told me it happened to him with his older phantom.
If you like to watch the progress of technology it seems dedicated cameras are the way of the future. (Phantom 3 and 4's and inspire 1/2 have migrated away from go pros and use their own dedicated cameras)

I would not use the go pros 2.4 wifi while flying the G using the transmitter control signal also on 2.4 wifi.
You may get by with it until one sad day when the transmitter hops frequency directly conflicting with the transmitter.

Why risk it? Use a little more camera battery and sift thru a little more footage and keep yourself from the agony of watching your copter fly off on its own uncontrollable.
I personally saw an older phantom do this and my friend told me it happened to him with his older phantom.
If you like to watch the progress of technology it seems dedicated cameras are the way of the future. (Phantom 3 and 4's and inspire 1/2 have migrated away from go pros and use their own dedicated cameras)
Thanks for the advice

I use the gopro remote all the time to start and stop video capture in flight and never a problem on the G ... the remote wifi link cuts off after some 100 feet of distance and comes back on when coming back inside 100 feet, so I lift off and then start video via remote then fly wherever and shut down when landing and never had any problem with gopro hero silver!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval