Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So I effed up...

Reaction score
I took it upon myself about a month ago to try and adjust my focus on my lens... it was OK but not great compared to some images and videos I seen posted. I got it all apart fine and removed the glue and was able to adjust the lens just a TAD. I proceeded to put the camera back together and when I put it back on the H I got the magic smoke. Yea, lucky me.

I opened it up and noticed that the little wires on the top sensor (accellerometer) had come off and shorted.
Hot enough to slightly melt the top of the plastic ball camera housing. Of course, no power, no nothing. Dead gimbal and camera!

I opened a case with Yuneec to get repairs done through theier NY Syracuse repair center United Radio...
(I'm in Canada)and it was a total nightmare for about 3 weeks.... really bad communication...
I received an email from United Radio that they were sending my Camera ack not fixed without any reason...
I had to call Yuneec, which claimed that it was not under warranty so they cannot fix it. I said, yeas, I already told you guys that i Effed up and it needs to be repaired... The Typhoon H is still under a warranty period but I know it was my fault... They (UR) then agreed to fix it for the sum of $425 + US and I had no other coice to agree with it and was fine with it. However, they did'nt have the parts and told me 2 days to get the parts and fix, send back. That was 2 weeks ago. After calling and online chat with their horrible United Radio (service) they finally admitted to only ordering the parts yesterday (Oct 10). This is after me checking in at least 4-5 times over the past 2 weeks to see if they got the parts yet. It has been a brutal experience as they said they would call me back, but never did. After getting concerned I had to call Yuneec again to see what was up... yesterday, and today... they said they would call the repair shop and get back to me... never did. I called to today (pissed) and canceled my repair...
found out from the CS at Yuneec that I could get a new CGO3+ for $499 shipped UPS from them so I did.

In the meantime my Typhoon H still flies and behaves perfectly but now I have a new concern! Will it work when I put the new one on? How will I know without frying a new camera? Is there a way to test the outputs on the connector? Crappy times! I will soon see.

It definitely sucks, I also fried my camera just yesterday.

I crashed and the dampers popped out and the blue and yellow wires from the contact board were pulled out, I resoldered them back but my camera is dead. I didn't get any smoke though.

I had already something similar happen, and a quick resoldering fixed it but now I believe either there's some hidden damage within the interan wiring or I could've toasted the transistors on the board when resoldering

I really need the camera and already ordered a new CGO3+, and I will see if I can get this one repaired somehow. I know how you feel it's always very stressful when you're willing to pay to get something fixed, and no one seems to give you a straight answer and days pass by.

If you saw what caused the short inside the camera I don't see any reason why the H would fry a new one if the connection board on the aircraft wasn't damaged.

Reactions: Brent D
Next time (hope you don't need to!) Call Ingenious Ingenuity in NY, they are an authorized Yuneec facility and fantastic service! Ask for Bob !;)

Thanks guys!
Understood Jules. :)
I am over cautious now I guess. Imagine plugging it only to find it won't power on because something on the H side is burnt out....

I will check them out.

It's a horrible experience having to chat with someone with a cartoon face name "Destiny" and feel like you're talking to a numb skull. LOL

Reactions: DroneClone
Thanks guys!
Understood Jules. :)
I am over cautious now I guess. Imagine plugging it only to find it won't power on because something on the H side is burnt out....

I will check them out.

It's a horrible experience having to chat with someone with a cartoon face name "Destiny" and feel like you're talking to a numb skull. LOL
Hang in there! You'll get her up and running soon ! Just look at what I went through!:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval