Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SOLD: Frankenstein Yuneec Steady Grip PRICE DROP $90.00!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Collins

Buddy Collins
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I recently bought some Yuneec Parts and got this unusual Steady Grip as part of the package. It functions as a conventional Steady Grip that has been modified with a rechargable 3S Battery so no AA Batteries are needed. BUT.. in addition to the Battery Mod, this Steady Grip has a modified ST-10+ Controller added so a Phone isn't required. The ST-10+ has been modified too, cut down to just the Screen,and Video and Picture buttons. Just add you own CGO3 Camera, Bind it to the ST-10+ and you're in business.
Very trick, really different, someone took a lot of time to carry Modifications to this extreme.
Selling for $90 OR BEST OFFER plus about $20 to package and ship. Packaging will take some doing I believe. Will include a 3S Charger for the SteadyGrip Battery only. You'll need to supply your own ST-10+ Charger..
Anyway, questions? I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

CIMG4927.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG4930.JPG
    CIMG4930.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • CIMG4931.JPG
    CIMG4931.JPG
  • CIMG4934.JPG
    CIMG4934.JPG
  • CIMG4935.JPG
    CIMG4935.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • CIMG4937.JPG
    CIMG4937.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • CIMG4941.JPG
    CIMG4941.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • CIMG4942.JPG
    CIMG4942.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I am curios you will find buyer for this steady grip (I agree it is quite interested modified) because in my opinion Yuneec steady grip is totally useless tool. I used it only once as a test and when I noticed the video shooting is very noisy (due to the gimbal working) I knew I would never use it. All the best to you.

the video shooting is very noisy
The Steady Grip is intended to shoot only video. Audio is useless because of the fan in the camera. People who use it record sound with another device and add the audio track to the video.

You are absolutely right. This steadygrip requires additional equipment for audio recording and this is why the steadygrip is useless. Have ever seen a person using steadygrip with additional microphone or maybe you saw somewhere a video or any other film shot with steadygrip?

You are absolutely right. This steadygrip requires additional equipment for audio recording and this is why the steadygrip is useless. Have ever seen a person using steadygrip with additional microphone or maybe you saw somewhere a video or any other film shot with steadygrip?
The Steady Grip is a video platform just as an aerial camera is a video platform. It is not an audio platform. Both require a separate audio track.

Your conclusion regarding it's usefulness is flawed. You are free to use whatever you wish.

Actually when the CGO3 first came out with the a steady grip there was a fellow who loved recording audio with it but like many of us did not like the fan sound. He finally tried a audio program to isolate the fan noise. It was not perfect but it did help a lot. He had a video out on youtube explaining the process and the program he used but it seems he has deleted it as I cannot find it anymore.

Basically the steady grip is used to give a ground level experience you cannot achieve with your UAV.
I have seen people fly up to the front door of a house and then in edit switch off to the steady grip and have someone inside the house open the door and not be seen to make it look like one steady flow. They would then showcase the house for market. It seemed to work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval