Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

[SOLVED]Yuneec Breeze Odd Beeps...Compass Issues

Reaction score
Hi All,

First off this is a great forum. I've been on here for a few months now taking in a ton of information. So thanks for the great support.

I have a Breeze 4k. When I power on, it beeps 3 times, then 4 times, then 5 times (beep beep beep....beep beep beep beep......beep beep beep beep beep).

I can connect via wifi just fine and the camera comes on. But I noticed that when I try to go into pilot mode an error about the compass shows up (see first image). I try to calibrate but it fails everytime.

Does anyone know what those sequence of beeps represent? The drone has crashed recently and is outside of the warranty so if its an easy fix, I'd like to try and fix it before trashing or selling for parts.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180824-121317_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20180824-121317_Breeze Cam.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20180824-121304_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20180824-121304_Breeze Cam.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 23
Carefully open the bottom cover of your Breeze starting at the back near the battery compartment. Now look at the rear of the Breeze and you will see a small circuit board mounted behind the main PCB. That is the compass module and should be firmly mounted in its cradle and plugged into the main PCB via a small cable.

If it is mounted properly, place the phone in Airplane Mode, connect to the Breeze, and attempt the compass calibration.

Yuneec has never published a guide to the LED lights and beep codes for the Breeze. What you describe and the red indicators for the GPS and Compass are not good signs. While you have the bottom cover off, be sure to check that all accessible connectors are fully seated.

Carefully open the bottom cover of your Breeze starting at the back near the battery compartment. Now look at the rear of the Breeze and you will see a small circuit board mounted behind the main PCB. That is the compass module and should be firmly mounted in its cradle and plugged into the main PCB via a small cable.

If it is mounted properly, place the phone in Airplane Mode, connect to the Breeze, and attempt the compass calibration.

Yuneec has never published a guide to the LED lights and beep codes for the Breeze. What you describe and the red indicators for the GPS and Compass are not good signs. While you have the bottom cover off, be sure to check that all accessible connectors are fully seated.

Excellent thanks @DoomMeister! I'll checkin it out and report back.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks so much!!!! @DoomMeister

I unplugged the all the connectors and checked the harnesses. It seems one of the pins were bent and was not making contact when plugged in. I bent the pin back in place and reconnected the harness. NO FUNNY BEEPS UPON STARTUP!!!!!!!

I then calibrated it successfully and everything is well.

Thanks so much!

Great! Glad you were able to effect the repair.

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold