Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions about the H

Reaction score
I'm hoping to buy an H Pro in the near future. I've been flying RC since 1990 - fixed wing and more recently multi-rotors. I've been following the H since it released and it seems to fit the bill for what I need in a UAV camera platform, much better than the DJI's. In particular, the hex format, the built-in tablet, wind handling, the wizard and barometric based follow mode.

So I have a few questions;
  1. One of the things I intend to use the H for is doing pieces to camera, where I will use the H as a camera man. So the H will be in "Follow me" and will be ahead of me with the camera pointing back at me while I walk along with the wizard. a) Can it lead me while I follow it like that? b) I believe it has to be in "Smart mode" to do this and "Smart mode" sets a safe distance (geofence). I probably want to be closer to the camera than the 26' geofence so I can fill the frame better. Is it possible to change the geofence distance so it can follow/lead closer?
  2. I'll be using "Curved Cable Cam" quite a bit and will be saving paths so I can re-fly them over time for doing time-lapse etc. a) Is it possible to save/program camera gimbal positions and moves with CCC as well as waypoints to get completely consistent shots each time? And/or does CCC memorise the attitude of the H so you can fly one leg forward, another leg sideways etc? b) Does CCC save the flying speed between waypoints or will it just fly at a fixed speed - I'll probably want dead slow?
  3. What is the realistic lift capacity of the H i.e. without burning out motors/ESCs? I have seen a video of someone lifting coconuts and dropping them (not my intended use!).
  4. I saw some guy on Youtube successfully use the CGO3+ with the steadygrip after Yuneec had told him it wouldn't work. Has anyone else done that and if so is this the right steadygrip?
  5. How good really is the Intel Real sense? I guess it won't work in bad light or into the sun.
  6. What is your opinion of the build quality, reliability and likely longevity of the H?
Thanks

I'm hoping to buy an H Pro in the near future. I've been flying RC since 1990 - fixed wing and more recently multi-rotors. I've been following the H since it released and it seems to fit the bill for what I need in a UAV camera platform, much better than the DJI's. In particular, the hex format, the built-in tablet, wind handling, the wizard and barometric based follow mode.

So I have a few questions;
  1. One of the things I intend to use the H for is doing pieces to camera, where I will use the H as a camera man. So the H will be in "Follow me" and will be ahead of me with the camera pointing back at me while I walk along with the wizard. a) Can it lead me while I follow it like that? b) I believe it has to be in "Smart mode" to do this and "Smart mode" sets a safe distance (geofence). I probably want to be closer to the camera than the 26' geofence so I can fill the frame better. Is it possible to change the geofence distance so it can follow/lead closer?
  2. I'll be using "Curved Cable Cam" quite a bit and will be saving paths so I can re-fly them over time for doing time-lapse etc. a) Is it possible to save/program camera gimbal positions and moves with CCC as well as waypoints to get completely consistent shots each time? And/or does CCC memorise the attitude of the H so you can fly one leg forward, another leg sideways etc? b) Does CCC save the flying speed between waypoints or will it just fly at a fixed speed - I'll probably want dead slow?
  3. What is the realistic lift capacity of the H i.e. without burning out motors/ESCs? I have seen a video of someone lifting coconuts and dropping them (not my intended use!).
  4. I saw some guy on Youtube successfully use the CGO3+ with the steadygrip after Yuneec had told him it wouldn't work. Has anyone else done that and if so is this the right steadygrip?
  5. How good really is the Intel Real sense? I guess it won't work in bad light or into the sun.
  6. What is your opinion of the build quality, reliability and likely longevity of the H?
Thanks
For lifting go to Youtube and type in Lou Ming Yyphoon . Your into camera pieces. You will have to be far enough away otherwise you will pick up the sound of the Typhoon H's motors. You will of course have to record on a second camera in your pocket and sync the track afterwards. If you are really serious a zoom lens from somebody like Peau would enable you to be further away but nearer if you see what I mean. You can alter the geofence but you will have the problems I have outlined. CCC in my experience goes dead slow as a default,

Hello; whereabouts in the UK are you? I'm a Yuneec (and DJI- shhhhh!) reseller in Scotland, and I've got a couple of TyHs, including one fitted with RealSense (installation video here). I'd be happy to show you some stuff if you're local.

In terms of positioning for pieces to camera, it'll need to be in smart mode to do its dynamic "watch me" flying. I'm not aware of any way to cut down the 26' "safe circle," but I'm out to fly tomorrow with a test candidate, so I'll film a piece to camera with the Wizard and upload it.

I've reviewed the Breeze recently, and its follow me mode allows you to get pretty close. Depending on budget, it might be an option; they're almost as cheap as the RealSense module! You can see here.

In CCC, you can programme almost everything. As long as you leave the camera in FOLLOW mode, you'll get repeatable shots. Putting it in GLOBAL will give you complete independent camera control, but if you want consistency it'll remember where you point the camera.

There are some great web-based tools made by guys on the forum here that allow you to set camera angles, points of interest, and the suchlike, then upload them. Try Flight Centre and H Plan as starters. Speed control isn't very granular, but while it's flying the route, you can flick the throttle stick up or down to get small adjustments. I haven't tried it to see if the new trim function will help, but again I'll probably do some flying tomorrow to test!

I've not tried lifting anything other than the CGO3+ so I can't comment on that. I'm impressed with RealSense, and if there's anything you'd like me to try it doing, I'd be happy to have a shot. It's got an IR-based camera so I should imagine it's fine in low light.

The aircraft feels high quality to me; certainly of a par with the Inspire etc. The software's not necessarily quite there, but I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Anything else I can add, let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop