Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Soon to Be Typhoon H Owner

WNG

Reaction score
All,
I am looking at purchasing a Typhoon H. The drone will be used specifically for Commercial Survey work. I will be finishing my Part 107 application this week. (I am a private pilot)

2 items I need to confirm before pulling the trigger:
1) I need to be able to deactivate any No Fly Zone features. Much of my work is done within close proximity of airports. I am very familiar with NOTAM procedures and communicating with airport facilities prior to work. Can this feature be removed?

2) I need real time feedback on the controller. Can I get Lat/Long, Altitude, heading, etc., all displayed on the controller. (I am aware that there is some software that you can purchase for post processing, but I need it real time on the controller)

Thanks in advance for the help.

On another note, I have repeatedly tried to contact Yuneec on the phone. Today's wait time was 2hrs?!?!?
I am very concerned with post-purchase support.

Reactions: rory
Only major airports are in the database for NFZ. If you list your location I can give the airports in that state. To get a complete NFZ removal you will need to provide Yuneec with your 107. They will send you firmware to remove it if you really need it.

The Altitude and Lat-Long is continuously displayed on the controller. The heading is not. Since this is a barometric altimeter the accuracy can be off up to 30'.

Sadly, tech support for all manufacturers is slow and involves significant wait times. The best time to call is just as they open.

You may wish to ask others about the suitability of the CGO3+ for aerial survey work.

Barometric Altimeter? Interesting. I assume it is calibrated to 29.92, so I can do the math on site?

This is a cell tower business, so I will be around all airports...I deal with the FAA all the time for Cranes. I'll get my 107 to Yuneec to get the removal done.

Barometric Altimeter? Interesting. I assume it is calibrated to 29.92, so I can do the math on site?

This is a cell tower business, so I will be around all airports...I deal with the FAA all the time for Cranes. I'll get my 107 to Yuneec to get the removal done.

Hmmm....After posting my reply, I was thinking, I am looking for AGL, not MSL, isn't there any reset/calibrate that can be done on the controller?? The rules for <400ft are AGL, so is Yuneec using a database to figure out MSL in a given location?

Hmmm....After posting my reply, I was thinking, I am looking for AGL, not MSL, isn't there any reset/calibrate that can be done on the controller?? The rules for <400ft are AGL, so is Yuneec using a database to figure out MSL in a given location?
The altimeter is reset to zero when you start the motors. I generally let the motors idle for a few min for the internal temp to stabilize and then stop and start the motors again to reset back to zero before launching. Temp fluctuations affect the reading.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold