Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Speed Angle Mode

Reaction score
Hi. I noticed that in Angel Mode the maximum speed is 1 m / s. Is this some new change? Can you fly faster in Angel Mode?

Maksymalna prędkość w trybie kątowym powinna wynosić 13,5 m/s.
Czy możesz podać nam więcej szczegółów na temat tego, jak latałeś, gdy byłeś ograniczony do 1 m/s?
Czy miały miejsce jakieś znaczące wydarzenia lub aktualizacje od ostatniego normalnego lotu H520?

Maximum speed in angle mode should be 13.5 m/s.
Can you give us more background on how you were flying when you were limited to 1 m/s? Have there been any significant events or updates since the last time the H520 flew normally?

Hi. I noticed that in Angel Mode the maximum speed is 1 m / s. Is this some new change? Can you fly faster in Angel Mode?

are you flying in turtle mode (right slider on the bottom of the ST16s)? if it is in turtle mode, it limits to 1m/s.

It was one of the first flights after repair the drone from the service.
I did not update, but the service did it.

At first, I had a message:
"GPS Speed accuracy too low.
The vehicle has failed a pre arm check. in order to arm the vehicle, resolve the failure"
Then, there was no message and I could fly, but maximum speed is 1 m/s in Angle Mode. In Manual Mode i don't have limit speed.

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem.

Since one week, my H520 can't fly with a speed higher than 1 m/s. The speed seems normal when moving right or left and when moving vertically. But the movements are very very slow forward or backward. I checked everything, updated the firmware... but nothing.

Thank you for your help.

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem.

Since one week, my H520 can't fly with a speed higher than 1 m/s. The speed seems normal when moving right or left and when moving vertically. But the movements are very very slow forward or backward. I checked everything, updated the firmware... but nothing.

Thank you for your help.
Wierd. And you didn't put the slider in turtle mode, nor limit it in the software?

No, with the turtle mode the drone flies even slower. Really a turtle speed!

No, with the turtle mode the drone flies even slower. Really a turtle speed!
When you look at the "Hardware Monitor" page on your controller:
Does the "J3" scale move all the way top to bottom when you move the stick?
Does the "K3" scale move all the way top to bottom when you move the slider?

You mentioned you did an update after the problem appeared. Had any events occurred before the problem, such as:
1.) Updates of either drone or controller
2.) Calibrations of either drone or controller
3.) Dropped controller
4.) Experimenting with new controller/mission setups?
5.) Anything else you can think of that happened between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not?

Reactions: 7cyclops
When you look at the "Hardware Monitor" page on your controller:
Does the "J3" scale move all the way top to bottom when you move the stick?
Does the "K3" scale move all the way top to bottom when you move the slider?

You mentioned you did an update after the problem appeared. Had any events occurred before the problem, such as:
1.) Updates of either drone or controller
2.) Calibrations of either drone or controller
3.) Dropped controller
4.) Experimenting with new controller/mission setups?
5.) Anything else you can think of that happened between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not?
Thank you for your message,

When I look at the "Hardaware Monitor", J3 and K3 scales move all the way but weirdly, J3 move also when I move J2 and only with J2.

I did also the calbration of the switchs and each switch accept the calibration excepted J3. I can't calibrate it.

Thank you for your message,

When I look at the "Hardaware Monitor", J3 and K3 scales move all the way but weirdly, J3 move also when I move J2 and only with J2.

I did also the calbration of the switchs and each switch accept the calibration excepted J3. I can't calibrate it.
"J3 move also when I move J2 and only with J2"
It is vital we fully understand which two sticks are interacting and that we understand which controller you have. J2 should not interact with J3 on an ST16S for Typhoon H520. If you actually have an ST16 for Typhoon H or Typhoon H Pro, this interaction suggests a dangerous condition of mixed channels may exist. Please clarify what sticks and what controller we are working with.

"J3 move also when I move J2 and only with J2"
It is vital we fully understand which two sticks are interacting and that we understand which controller you have. J2 should not interact with J3 on an ST16S for Typhoon H520. If you actually have an ST16 for Typhoon H or Typhoon H Pro, this interaction suggests a dangerous condition of mixed channels may exist. Please clarify what sticks and what controller we are working with.
I have the ST16 controller (ST16 – Yuneec) and the drone is the H520, first model (H520E/520 – Yuneec).
As you can see on the picture, when I move the J2 stick (and only J2), J3 moves also. And when I calibrate sticks, I can't do it for J3, but I can calibrate other sticks.
Hope this will help you.
Thank you.

Attachments

• ST16.jpg
    ST16.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
I have not seen this problem before. It certainly suggests something is very wrong in the firmware. The controller is showing symptoms of mixed channels and inappropriate channel settings (not calibration). I am not aware the ST16S for H520 even has this capability, yet the symptoms seem to exist.
I would recommend doing a full factory reset of the controller to see if it will clear the condition. Please be aware the reset will wipe out the DataPilot and UpdatePilot Apps. The APPS will need to be reloaded from an SD card after the reset. The files for the SD Card can be found at Disk 2 (Controller Card - APPS).
You will also need to run stick calibrations after the reset to ensure the values were not changed during the previous calibrations.

If the reset does not help, it may be necessary to send the controller to a Yuneec Service center for repair.

I have the ST16 controller (ST16 – Yuneec) and the drone is the H520, first model (H520E/520 – Yuneec).
As you can see on the picture, when I move the J2 stick (and only J2), J3 moves also. And when I calibrate sticks, I can't do it for J3, but I can calibrate other sticks.
Hope this will help you.
Thank you.
Your reply included a link to the original ST16. But the photograph in the same reply is of the firmware associated with an ST16S for Typhoon H520. Please look at the image below to help determine if your controller is an ST16 or ST16S. Note the ST16S gimbal mounting screws are not visible from the front of the controller. BOTH versions of the controller are labeled as ST16.
If you do in fact have an original ST16, can you provide information of how the ST16S firmware came to be installed?

ST-16 - ST16S.jpg

Indeed it's the ST16 S but it's written ST16 on the screen.
I will try this morning to reset the controller.
Your reply included a link to the original ST16. But the photograph in the same reply is of the firmware associated with an ST16S for Typhoon H520. Please look at the image below to help determine if your controller is an ST16 or ST16S. Note the ST16S gimbal mounting screws are not visible from the front of the controller. BOTH versions of the controller are labeled as ST16.
If you do in fact have an original ST16, can you provide information of how the ST16S firmware came to be installed?

View attachment 26412

Reactions: WTFDproject
Indeed it's the ST16 S but it's written ST16 on the screen.
I will try this morning to reset the controller.
Hi, thank you for your advices,
I reseted the controller and the flight speed is come back normal!

BUT, I can't still calibrate J3
AND J2 still interacts with J3 During flight, when I move only J2, it's like I move both J2 and J3.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi, thank you for your advices,
I reseted the controller and the flight speed is come back normal!

BUT, I can't still calibrate J3
AND J2 still interacts with J3 During flight, when I move only J2, it's like I move both J2 and J3.
Can you think of any changes made to the controller or anything that happened to the controller between the last time the controller worked correctly and the first time the problem appeared?

Reactions: DoomMeister
If any third party apps have been installed on the ST16S that could be an issue, but if that is not the case then it is adding up to a defective control mixer board in the ST16S.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval