Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ update 3-3-2016 Build st10+v01b29c

Hello all, I am new to electric flying but flew fueled R/Cs for years. And Im old. My question is I have an iMax computer and keep reading articles about the GUI, so I go to Yuneec site to download GUI and it does nothing. Do I need to have Q500 4k hooked up to computer for this to work or am I missing something. Nothing downloads from the site, or is it because I have an older iMac computer? Not even sure what the GUI is or if I need the new updates and how to load them. I just got my Q500 4K plus and haven't even flown it yet, learning what I can first before going out. Any and all advice or help is appreciated!

The GUI is used to see the setup in the Q and is a needed tool to set parameters (Alt.for one) in the Q.
Yes.You need to have the Q connected using the receiver wire found in the upper right corner of the battery compartment.
Along with the GUI program, you need the USB adapter that connects to that wire and to your computer.
Advise you read all you can. Don't feel to overwhelmed. It may sound technical byut it's all very easy once you get it dialed in.
We'll be here for you too.
Good luck.
Jafo
Added.... I'm old too. Lol

Reactions: Mikef53
Thank you Jafo, I got the program to finally download and put a shortcut icon on desktop. It doesn't open, get the spinning beachball, but i suppose i need to hook the Q up first then open the program. I will try that once my wife gives it to me on christmas. She also bought the wizard stick too, Im sure that much easier to set up. The hobby store owner is going to help me fly it first time. This guy can fly anything. Now he told me to store my batteries full, he said his experience has shown they last longer and do not degrade as fast over time of using them in flights. He did say he would get me a dual charger and leads so I can charge both batteries at once. Great guy and store, he is very helpful and has been open for 30 years.

Thank you Jafo, I got the program to finally download and put a shortcut icon on desktop. It doesn't open, get the spinning beachball, but i suppose i need to hook the Q up first then open the program. I will try that once my wife gives it to me on christmas. She also bought the wizard stick too, Im sure that much easier to set up. The hobby store owner is going to help me fly it first time. This guy can fly anything. Now he told me to store my batteries full, he said his experience has shown they last longer and do not degrade as fast over time of using them in flights. He did say he would get me a dual charger and leads so I can charge both batteries at once. Great guy and store, he is very helpful and has been open for 30 years.
welcome aboard Mike...storing your batteries at full charge goes against everything I have learned on this and other forums regarding lipo batteries

welcome aboard Mike...storing your batteries at full charge goes against everything I have learned on this and other forums regarding lipo batteries
Thank you for the welcome Chewman! Yea me too on the full charge storage, Ive read everything from storing them as is after flight as long as they are not run down below 25% to keeping them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator then let come to room temp and charge them day before flying. Depending on weather here in Tennessee, I plan on flying at least every weekend if not more often. I am going to try and find a decent charger to charge 2 batteries at once if any good suggestions out there. if not at least get another Yuneec charger. I'm not sure as lipo battery is all new to me since all I ever dealt with was Nicad on radios at work. Any and all help is appreciated!Also does anyone know if the Q has to hooked to the computer with suppled cables, etc to get GUI program to launch? I use an iMac, its old, which may be the problem, but am getting a new one soon I hope.

If this hobby store owner you speak so highly of told you to store lipo batteries at full charge you really need to find another hobby store. That guy has no clue on lipo batteries. Read this over, it will save you a few dollars and also educate you.
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries

If this hobby store owner you speak so highly of told you to store lipo batteries at full charge you really need to find another hobby store. That guy has no clue on lipo batteries. Read this over, it will save you a few dollars and also educate you.
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
Excellent guide and article, I will be using it for sure. I think he keeps his fully charged as he flies most every day. I have never been there that he wasn't flying or helping others using his equipment. I diagree with his battery storage but other than that he has been right on the spot with everything else Ive asked. he also told me it was his preference and for me to research it for my needs. But again that link not only taught me a lot( i book marked it) but gives me good insight on what to get.
Thank you!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi Mike,
I can't tell you much about your Mac other than to verify you have the needed drivers to make it work... If they have any.
I understand now you have not yet got your hands on the Q.
In the kit, you should find the needed USB adapter to connect your Q and your computer.
The program should still open and be ready for use without the Q connected. You need to work that problem out first.
It is not needed for your first flights... You'll use it later to fine tune some of your settings. It's also used to confirm the working condition of some of the components like the GPS,Compass.Motors and ESC's and to calibrate the accelerometer.
You can still fly the Q without the GUI. You don't need the GUI to update the software in the box either but will need to be used to update the Q software. Don't update the box until you can update the Q at the same time.
For a charger have a look around for this one Venom 0685 Pro Duo.
Having experience in RC is huge help. You'll want to fly in Angle mode so the controls and Q are most familiar to what your used to when flying.
As to batteries.... For me, "Storage" means 4 weeks or more. I fly so often that "Storage" really doesn't come into play for me except when I'm getting close to retiring a battery. As my batteries get weak with use and they start to move to the end of the list, I might store it with a half charge. Other than that, I fly and let the batteries sit until I'm ready to charge for my next flight. most of my batteries never sit more than a week at a time.
"Gifi" brand batteries have worked out well for me as a replacement for the Yuneec batteries when the time comes.
Hey.... your one day away from a new adventure.
Pucker up..... Lol

Charged my batteries today, only took about 2 hours each and charged my controller, now put on the props and go fly. I have read all accompanying literature on the micro card several times and now I need some stick time if the weather permits. The included charger did its job, neither battery ever even got warm, stayed cool and only took two hours per battery. I have a cell phone screen protector and was thinking of cutting it to size to fit screen, but not sure. It would cover entire surface area except for a quarter inch and figured it might hinder the sun shade suction cups but if I trimmed it too actual viewing screen it would work. Anyone use a screen protector to keep it from getting scratched? I guess the touch screen would still be ok, any experience with this out there?

Charged my batteries today, only took about 2 hours each and charged my controller, now put on the props and go fly. I have read all accompanying literature on the micro card several times and now I need some stick time if the weather permits. The included charger did its job, neither battery ever even got warm, stayed cool and only took two hours per battery. I have a cell phone screen protector and was thinking of cutting it to size to fit screen, but not sure. It would cover entire surface area except for a quarter inch and figured it might hinder the sun shade suction cups but if I trimmed it too actual viewing screen it would work. Anyone use a screen protector to keep it from getting scratched? I guess the touch screen would still be ok, any experience with this out there?
Mike...I bought a pack of 2 protectors for tablets @ Wally World...cut to fit you get 4pcs that will cover the ST10 screen...once you install you don't even know it's on....I also read on this forum awhile back that on your first flight, once you get the bird in the air...it's OK to exhale!!

It is okay to put screen protector on the ST10 Controller. I got one from Dollar Store for a Dollar. It is a matte finish. In reality it protects the screen from scratches but does nothing to improve the viewing of the image on the ST10.

Has anyone downloaded and installed the latest update. They don't say much about it other than bug fixes.
With my luck lately not sure I want to go first. ;-)

yes... I have it on my ST10 for my original Q500 with a CGO3 hooked up to it...
by the way I'm not sure where I had obtained it... maybe from Yuneec before they stopped supporting the ST10 and Q500...
but if anyone has this file, can you post it... I just acquired another ST10 and Q500 and would like to update that as well...

yes... I have it on my ST10 for my original Q500 with a CGO3 hooked up to it...
by the way I'm not sure where I had obtained it... maybe from Yuneec before they stopped supporting the ST10 and Q500...
but if anyone has this file, can you post it... I just acquired another ST10 and Q500 and would like to update that as well...

Why are you resurrecting such an old thread? The firmware for the ST-10 is a minimum of two revisions past the one you are referring to.

I must be out of date. I have the s10 controller and I hope I can still get ud's for the unit.
Approaching 3 yes on unit. Flies great, just short batt life.
Checking web site now.
Will post later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval