Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 controller freezing and shutting down

Evening has anyone experienced their st16 freezing then shutting down and rebooting during flight ,its happend a number of times, the typhoon h stops in mid air and holds its position, the video continues recording and once st16 has rebooted everything continues to work as it should ,its also happen while testing on bench, spoke to yuneec uk and they say they have never heard of it before!! , I've done a hard reset and the problem happened again today,its happens with different batteries ,so not the battery ,any one have any experience of this or possible solutions ,
Cheers

Interesting.
This is a shot in the dark
but, The OS is Android.
Just like my phone.
Did you by any chance
Install any new apps ?
The reason I ask is because I did so on my
phone and it froze up.
I removed the battery
waited a couple minutes
Uninstalled the App.
Then things were fine again.
Keith

Evening has anyone experienced their st16 freezing then shutting down and rebooting during flight ,its happend a number of times, the typhoon h stops in mid air and holds its position, the video continues recording and once st16 has rebooted everything continues to work as it should ,its also happen while testing on bench, spoke to yuneec uk and they say they have never heard of it before!! , I've done a hard reset and the problem happened again today,its happens with different batteries ,so not the battery ,any one have any experience of this or possible solutions ,
Cheers
maybe a possible heat problem with a component inside the ground station...

Interesting.
This is a shot in the dark
but, The OS is Android.
Just like my phone.
Did you by any chance
Install any new apps ?
The reason I ask is because I did so on my
phone and it froze up.
I removed the battery
waited a couple minutes
Uninstalled the App.
Then things were fine again.
Keith
OP said no, he hadn't done anything to the Operating system, post 3.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
What about memory usage? Is there enough memory available? I delete from time to time the FPV videos from the ST16 internal memory and do also remove the old flight logs (save it on the PC and backup on additional USB storage). So, the ST16 has always enough free memory.

A cold start (only possible after battery was removed) is always a good idea in case of SW problems. My Android phone needs it from time to time...

br HE

Thanks for the replies batteries always removed after finishing flights ,also the st16 has been hard reset which deletes all flight logs and photos/videos so the memory is empty .

Another thing I've notice is that it's only the tablet that reboots and soon as the screen comes on everything is as it should be camera is connected and still recording and you can see immediately what the camera is seeing ,there is no waiting for anything to connect , and the sticks ,gimble pan etc all still operate when the screen is off so basically it's like the good old rc controller ,so as others have said it must be the tablet part that's faulty as the rc side is still fully operational

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Camera is on when you boot up the ST16????
Not possible if the H is off.
That means you turned on the H before the ST16?
You should have the ST16 fully booted up ,then turn on the H.
You do not need to remove the battery from the controller, I think I've only removed mine once or twice in the last 2½ years.

Ah-1g your miss reading the comments the issue is the st16 switches off while the h is in flight when it reboots the screen comes back on, the camera picture is Immediately on the screen opposed to when it boots up normally ie yunnec logo the the screen saver and then you get the wifi connecting and the rc connecting none of this happens ,the screen goes off the yuneec logo comes on the fans start up and the screen switches on with the camera feed immediately, I take batteries out because I have a number of st16 batteries and like to rotate them

Camera is on when you boot up the ST16????
Not possible if the H is off.
That means you turned on the H before the ST16?
You should have the ST16 fully booted up ,then turn on the H.
You do not need to remove the battery from the controller, I think I've only removed mine once or twice in the last 2½ years.

If the camera view is present immediately after the -16 “reboots” I have to think it never completely shut down. Typically, the -16 will have to re-connect to the camera if it was turned off with the aircraft left powered up. You can perform a few on/off cycles with the -16’s power switch to verify that.

You may be dealing with a circuit continuity problem.

Ah-1g your miss reading the comments the issue is the st16 switches off while the h is in flight when it reboots the screen comes back on, the camera picture is Immediately on the screen opposed to when it boots up normally ie yunnec logo the the screen saver and then you get the wifi connecting and the rc connecting none of this happens ,the screen goes off the yuneec logo comes on the fans start up and the screen switches on with the camera feed immediately, I take batteries out because I have a number of st16 batteries and like to rotate them
I read your first post, the you mentioned in post #25, "Another thing"...... so I suspected (my bad) there were more issue with the controller while not in flight.

Thanks for the replies batteries always removed after finishing flights ,also the st16 has been hard reset which deletes all flight logs and photos/videos so the memory is empty .

Another thing I've notice is that it's only the tablet that reboots and soon as the screen comes on everything is as it should be camera is connected and still recording and you can see immediately what the camera is seeing ,there is no waiting for anything to connect , and the sticks ,gimble pan etc all still operate when the screen is off so basically it's like the good old rc controller ,so as others have said it must be the tablet part that's faulty as the rc side is still fully operational
I take it by the wombles name your in UK? Don't know your location, but Yuneec are in Essex, why not give them a shout, if your close, you could book an appointment and show them first hand, it needs to be resolved.

Reactions: c10necrp
Cheers
Hi,i have a problem with the on /off switch, reboots, sometimes,this is on my st16s, two months old going to send it back,maybe its this,hope this helps.

Can you try to get a video of what is happening so we can actually see what is going on? You said it happens even when it is on the bench so that would be ideal for a video.

But the thing is, It's not hot where I'm flying. Even when it is i'm in the shade or not in the sun for that long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech