Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 Controller will not turn on.

Sorry... missed that in your initial post. I'd set up an callback telephone appointment with CS tomorrow AM, and get a case #. If under warranty still, they'll repair or replace.

Yeah i doubt there is a warranty left on it. I think it only came with 90 day, and since it was purchased in FEB it's well past that mark. Probably just going to get a new or refurb controller.

Thanks for ya'lls help.

Most of the problems are not relative to the drone, regardless of the brand or model. Most problems originate with the people using them. It may be lack of knowledge and understanding in battery design, proper use and maintenance of batteries and/or chargers, cameras, photography, SD card speeds, shopping for the cheapest SD cards, personal computer speed and memory limitations, antenna orientation, radio frequency theory and practical use, failure to read instructions, lack of physical and mental skills, lack of physical coordination, poor eyesight, or other things.

Short version is when people screw something up the first thing they blame it on is whatever it was that got screwed up. The one thing they will go to great lengths avoiding and obfuscating is themselves. It’s always the product, rarely the user...

More often than not descriptions of problems omit all the historical use facts that would permit easy identification of a problem, along with the ability to provide short and long term corrective actions.

Using the original post stating the ST-16 will not turn on, the most probable reasons are the battery is dead or disconnected or the switch is broken. The first two reasons are very easy to check so go there first.

If we consider the ST-16 in question had been working correctly previously we have to wonder how deeply the battery had been discharged during previous use. Too far and it will not re-charge due to cell damage or being below the minimum level the charger will allow. If such was the case we come back to lack of knowledge, which is not flight system issue.

The last time the ST16 was used it was about 40% remaining. I took it off the charger at 100%, and packed it away. I've never flown the drone long enough to drain a flight battery to where the lights on the drone go to flashing.

There is one other screwball thing about this controller. I checked the flight parser app after my second flight and the controller actually had 1 flight listed prior to my first. The odd thing about the flirst flight was that it started right off the coast of Ecuador and it shows the drone flying all the way to mainland China in one session. How's that for battery life. ?

The few times I have flown the drone was wonderful. It handled great. Pics were good, and just plain good fun.

My only complaint about the controller is the android base system needs to be updated/upgraded to a newer more robust hardware/software configuration.

Yeah i doubt there is a warranty left on it. I think it only came with 90 day, and since it was purchased in FEB it's well past that mark. Probably just going to get a new or refurb controller.

Thanks for ya'lls help.

Was this purchased as a refurb? Because the warranty on a new H is 1 year. And that first flight is quite possibly a test flight at the manufacturer facility in China, as a QC check before packaging... which would indicate a new unit. You should still be in the warranty window. Did you register the H with Yuneec, when purchased?

If a factory new unit is within the 1 year window and proof of purchase can be established he can still file a warranty claim, registered or not. Registration is not a warranty requirement, having proof of purchase is all you need.

Not sure how the warranty works with factory “refurbs”.

A can't understand why Yuneec can't offer the UK the 12 Month warranty period only 6 months? Doesn't give much time to resolve any issues.

Hello my name is Steve. I have read about a complaint re. st16 transmitter typhoon h. I had the exact same problem. The transmitter will not boot up. I suspected battrry. My friend who is the owner of a hobby shop checked the battrey. Load test ect. I dismantled the st16. Yes it's still under warranty. I live in Canada. Before I send it away and not seeing it again for 3 to 4 months I decided to take the mater in my own hands. I have found a small burn mark on the main board. I went searching for parts. I found a website called Unieec skins in California. The guy seems to be very helpful. I ordered the bord for $19.00. Since I am inpatient I simply ordered another st16 pro. I'll send the transmitter out maybe. But this is the way it is. It's my hobby. You have to expect this . It's not just the drone, but the parts that go with it. I have a other typhoon h rod parts only. Yes it's money. (Removed by moderator) Sincerely. :Steve Fonyo

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss