Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 GPS Board/Antenna?

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is what I'm pointing at in the photo. Can anyone verify this for me?
ScreenHunter_6098 Jan. 02 21.40.jpg

And while we're looking around in there, who can tell me what this antenna is for?
ScreenHunter_6099 Jan. 02 21.54.jpg

Last edited:
The second picture is a 2.4 antenna. Not sure what the first picture is but it is not an antenna.

Thanks Steve, that is exactly what I needed. Only question left is why (the heck) is it on the bottom?!?!?
I guess only a Yuneec engineer can answer that. And I would REALLY like to hear that answer!
Next question is why is there a 5.8g antenna inside? And specifically what is it's purpose?

Thanks guys, still trying to catch up with everybody on the H series.

The GPS antenna is located under the top cover but near the bottom of the controller away from all of the other antennas.
The 5.8 GHz video channel has an internal and external antennas for redundancy. The control channel has and external antenna. The telemetry channel was located inside on the original design and was relocated to the outside on the pro model.

Yeah, I see it's on the top side, I just don't like how it's on the bottom of the top side. I'd like it to be clear of my beer belly! All I have have to do is put my hand near the GSP antenna on the H and I get a warning. I wonder if it's worth the trade off for antenna proximity to stick it in your belly button? :confused:

We need @John Hennessy to design us a GPS tower for the ST16, the ST16S in particular, which seems more challenged in the GPS reception department!.
..Wait, better yet, a cabled remote GPS antenna that clips to your cap! :cool:

Hmm, maybe my next project!

I suspect the location was selected because it's the only place available with the least possible interference. As I recall, the ST10 GPS antenna was located at the front with a large shield covering the antenna.
Perhaps you need standoffs on your controller. :rolleyes:

The ST16 has five antennas:
- WLAN: 5GHz for video downlink/command uplink, external
- WLAN: 2.4GHz for Pad mode internet connecton, always internal
both connected to WLAN module

- 2.4GHz ZigBee RC-controller, two antennas, 3 antenna-ST16 both external, 2-antenna ST16, one internal, one external, both connected to the RC tranceiver.

- GPS patch antenna connected to GPS module, internal.
ST16_mainboard02.JPG

br HE

I didn't see this one although I know it's there.
Hi DCH,
That is also on my work program for early this year and so far the mods are numerous and being tested. My main item for early release is the POWERED TOWER, that I posted late last year. It is in the works for production to start on the 13th of January, so stay tuned as there will be some different volume flows available. Also Happy New Year to all Members. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: Dr Delta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace