Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S Charging Issue

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So my 18 month old ST16S is acting up. When I plug in a charger to the transmitter it looks normal at first.

Yuneec name pops up, then the battery icon. But then it keeps doing this same cycle repeatedly without actually charing the battery.

So I cleaned the terminals best I could. No change.
Looked for an update just in case. All software current.
Then I bought a new battery. No change.
Still does the same cycle

Ideas??

Check with @Steve Carr first, but memory is telling me that has been cured by doing a full reset on the controller.

I suspect the USB charging cable. Occasionally I have to remove and reinsert the cable in the ST16. If the cable has a bad connection at the port it causes the repeating charging display. Or if there is a broken wire in the USB cable at the connector it will do the same. The metal part of the Yuneec charging cable is a bit longer than most phone chargers. So most phone chargers won't work but I have found some with the longer metal and they do work.

I also had a similar problem and believe it to have been the cable, made a charge lead so I can use my aftermarket charger and all is fine.

I also had a similar problem and believe it to have been the cable, made a charge lead so I can use my aftermarket charger and all is fine.

How did you do that? I'm talking about the ST16S with the pack with the tabs like a camera/recorder might have.

BY THE WAY, thanks to Steve Carr, it turns out to be the cable. Found my Yuneec USB cord and both packs charged fully. So now I have plenty of transmitter packs too!!

How did you do that? I'm talking about the ST16S with the pack with the tabs like a camera/recorder might have.

BY THE WAY, thanks to Steve Carr, it turns out to be the cable. Found my Yuneec USB cord and both packs charged fully. So now I have plenty of transmitter packs too!!

I just soldered some Dean's connectors to the ends of wire leads. The outboard slots of the battery are where the contacts are, Inner most is Positive and Outermost is Negative

Charge.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval