Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S not charging off stock charger.

Reaction score
I just got my new TH Plus and I put it on the charger to bring it up to download the latest firmware but it isn’t charging. The green light on the charger keeps flashing green. I don’t have a battery on it also just the st16s.????

The blinking green is telling you the charger is ready to charge the main pack. There is no indication for the ST16S. When you plug it in you should see the screen light up for a moment and see a battery icon with the roughly estimated charge state, like a cell phone type of thing.

Look at pages 7&8 of the manual.

Reactions: Tiffin 2018
The blinking green is telling you the charger is ready to charge the main pack. There is no indication for the ST16S. When you plug it in you should see the screen light up for a moment and see a battery icon with the roughly estimated charge state, like a cell phone type of thing.

Look at pages 7&8 of the manual.
Thanks. That’s what I thought. I did look at the manual but I missed it. My wife always tells me that I look but I don’t see.

Reactions: JackMTaco
I just use a standard micro USB cellphone charger for mine. While plugged in, tap on the screen. If it's charging, a large battery icon will appear and show the battery level in the icon.

few more months yuneec will be releasing a dedicated charger just for the st16s batteries.

Yes, with a 3 pack block....although I read it’s sequential, which is a bummer. Still gonna grab one when I can and 2 extra packs.

The ST16S uses a standard Micro USB port so like others, I use a common USB Charger.

EDIT: Changed erroneous information to not confuse or mislead others.

Last edited:
That 3pack block can not come soon enough. With the h480 being retired. I going to have a hard time getting 1st generation st16 batteries with the ec2 connector soon. Until I get two st16s charging blocks . I going to rely on my st16s battery conversion mod so long that my 5 st16 batteries hold out use on my st16s

Reactions: Fred Garvin
The proprietary pack connector on the 16S is my major gripe. And coming out with a brick charger that charges in sequence? What a waste. So 12 hours of charge 3 packs? Just plain silly.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Reactions: TurboDad81
I just got my new TH Plus and I put it on the charger to bring it up to download the latest firmware but it isn’t charging. The green light on the charger keeps flashing green. I don’t have a battery on it also just the st16s.????
I have an issue with the st16 s charging... Bought a smart charger... It will bring that Batt back from the completely dead state. Don't leave the battery in the st16...when not in use... Store at 50%...
My st16 will run Batt down when unit is off... When st16 is in use it shows its connected to charger... it's lieing to itself.... Have two of them and they both do it. It sucks.

@bigfoot1
Have you completely removed the battery from the ST16? Let it sit awhile with out a battery connected.
I've had my ST16 battery for 23 months and never any issues. I've gone at times 3 weeks without flying and kept my ST16 battery 100%.

Yeah thanks. I just got it and of coarse I’m going to ask about anything that I’m not sure about. And while we’re on the subject of charging batteries should I discharge my batteries to storage since it might not be able to fly it. They’re at 15.1 and 15.3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430