Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Storage Box For Q500 4k with blades on?

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone leave the quadcopter with the blades on it in a box or container. I have been getting this darn thing out to fly it several times a day and I would like to know if someone knows a good box or container to use just to put the bird in with the blades on so I don't have to keep taking off the blades all the time. I was thinking about some kind of rubbermaid container to put the bird in and then put it on the shelf away from the kids. Just curious to see if anyone else uses anything like this. Thanks in advance for any input that might come my way. P.S. I have young kids and I just want to have it put away so that something doesn't get thrown at it or damaged with kids being kids. I know I can stop being lazy and just disassemble the bird all the time.

There is another box out there , i believe it was for the inspire but not sure. anyway ..it fits the Q with the props and it sits in the box at a 45 degree angle so its smaller than most ...im still lookin for that one...very nice ...husky box for me is just too big !!!

If money is no object check out the Q500 box made by Minuteman Cases. It's crazy expensive, but it really is a great box.

If you are in the USA go to Home Depot and get their Husky 25 gallon roll around job box. Home Depot # 222167

Search Results for 222167 at The Home Depot

I picked one up yesterday. Then watch this video:

Hello Wingshooter
I got the case from Home Depot and I am currently trying to shave away the foam so that the lid will shut with the props on it. Thanks for the great ideas and advice. I will post a picture when I am done.

Reactions: James Durr
If money is no object check out the Q500 box made by Minuteman Cases. It's crazy expensive, but it really is a great box.
Ranger Rick
I checked out the case that you suggested, you are right that is way to much. I think this Home Depot case should work just fine. 400 for a case is way to much. I wonder why Yuneec didn't make their cases to fit with the props on? Anyways it's a great bird!!!

Yea the foam was a little bit of time. In the very end once I almost had it shaved, I took a Dremel with a sanding drum attached to finish it off smooth. Just a tip. The box is kinda of big but I like the extra space plus I can leave my props on all the time.

Reactions: Drone Boy
Yea the foam was a little bit of time. In the very end once I almost had it shaved, I took a Dremel with a sanding drum attached to finish it off smooth. Just a tip. The box is kinda of big but I like the extra space plus I can leave my props on all the time.
Wingshooter
I got it all done and it is very nice. The foam took actually longer than I anticipated. I really appreciate your tip and suggestions. Here is a picture of my finished project.

Attachments

• yu1.jpg
    yu1.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 100
  • yu2.jpg
    yu2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 103
Good Job. I really like mine. Now I am trying to figure out what else I can carry in it. I thought about throwing in a couple of hand towels. I am gonna look at the Hobby Lobby for some styrofoam that I can use to fill in on the sides and put my Non Stock Charger in that Husky Box.

Reactions: Drone Boy
Good Job. I really like mine. Now I am trying to figure out what else I can carry in it. I thought about throwing in a couple of hand towels. I am gonna look at the Hobby Lobby for some styrofoam that I can use to fill in on the sides and put my Non Stock Charger in that Husky Box.
Great idea, there is a lot of room on each side of the block of foam. Thanks a million

Hello
Does anyone leave the quadcopter with the blades on it in a box or container. I have been getting this darn thing out to fly it several times a day and I would like to know if someone knows a good box or container to use just to put the bird in with the blades on so I don't have to keep taking off the blades all the time. I was thinking about some kind of rubbermaid container to put the bird in and then put it on the shelf away from the kids. Just curious to see if anyone else uses anything like this. Thanks in advance for any input that might come my way. P.S. I have young kids and I just want to have it put away so that something doesn't get thrown at it or damaged with kids being kids. I know I can stop being lazy and just disassemble the bird all the time.

I have military surplus aluminum containers that probably will work (I'll try an post a picture) and they are so durable, you could ship it to Afghanistan and it would get there safe. The containers are made by Zero Haliburton and were used for shipping night vision equipment to war zones.

Hello
There is a new one out by minute man containers just for this

I understand the desire to leave the rotors on but I can perhaps see a couple reasons for not doing this. I can see complacency seep in and it get pulled out of the case and flown without checking the rotors are secure...not sure how they would happen to get loose but seems like a non-zero chance. More than that though I would think that other things bouncing around inside that case might tweak the rotors.

I understand the desire to leave the rotors on but I can perhaps see a couple reasons for not doing this. I can see complacency seep in and it get pulled out of the case and flown without checking the rotors are secure...not sure how they would happen to get loose but seems like a non-zero chance. More than that though I would think that other things bouncing around inside that case might tweak the rotors.

Well I plan on using the insert that came with the drone in the Yuneec case, tweak the upper section so that the foam will fit over the blades. That will keep them from moving and securing anything else that will be in the case in some kind of foam pockets to stop it from hitting the blades. This is just for transporting the drone in my car, if I ever decide to fly out of town I will purchase a pelican 1730 case that is much stronger. Also do the same thing with it making pockets out of foam to place any extra items in and secure them in place.

I can't see the blades coming loose during transport if they won't fly off during flight, which they won't if they're installed correctly to begin with. If they're not installed correctly to begin with, then laziness deserves tragedy.

Reactions: Juanvee6764
As pilots you should have a before flight check list. There are many around that work for the Q500. Just because you are a recreational flier does not mean you can stop doing your due diligence in favor of speed to get up in the air. The props for the Q500 have been know to just fly off during landing. It was thought to be from over breaking and was addressed in a firmware update but it still can happen so checking them before flight is a good idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval