Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange lights

Reaction score
I became accustomed to seeing the green or purple solid light indicating what mode I was in. Recently I've noticed that the lights will stay on for about 3 or 4 seconds & then flash white before returning to the solid color. I can't find any reference to this pattern. Anyone have any ideas? I still have gps lock and good satellite for both the bird and controller.

Active Smart Mode: Follow Mode and Active Home Mode Activated -> Flight Mode Status LED Color + White LED Flashes Every 3 Seconds

Thanks for the reply. I was fooling around with the follow mode, watch me mode and often times when the bird is really far out I'll use the home mode to get it back in close but always go back to angle. I like to fly in the angle mode most of the time. What's curious is that this began the other evening and was still going on today with a new flight. Couldn't seem to get the lights to change back to the normal steady green or purple. It seemed to fly just fine but I'm not sure why these are remaining on.

Thanks for the reply. I was fooling around with the follow mode, watch me mode and often times when the bird is really far out I'll use the home mode to get it back in close but always go back to angle. I like to fly in the angle mode most of the time. What's curious is that this began the other evening and was still going on today with a new flight. Couldn't seem to get the lights to change back to the normal steady green or purple. It seemed to fly just fine but I'm not sure why these are remaining on.
I flew mine today for the first time. I did it in two segments. During the second flight my light was flashing green/purple, green/purple. Everything seemed to be operating normal

I flew mine today for the first time. I did it in two segments. During the second flight my light was flashing green/purple, green/purple. Everything seemed to be operating normal

It sounds like you lost your gps in your ST10 or copter.

It sounds like you lost your gps in your ST10 or copter.
Seeing I am new to this I didn't look at the screen, I was keeping my eyes on the bird...I will make sure on the next flight that I pay more attention to the controller...Thanks wedbster

I have noticed this with mine, but it may be that you're in a "no fly zone" or something similar to that. I'm within 5 miles of an airport and i get this occasionally. I could be wrong tho. just a thought.

I had the same problem however I was getting red flashing with white in angle mode. I never got a purple light. The quad was receiving 16 to 17 sats and the radio 10 to 11. After speaking to Yuneec, even though they said to fly it any way, I returned mine to the place I purchased it from. But this was because when I opened the box and took out the q500+ the security tape around the camera was broken and Yuneec said that should not be. Possibly I got something someone returned because of that same light sequence reason. I have read and watched you tube about the change in the light sequence after the latest firmware update and it is somewhat confusing. If you are in angle mode I thought you could not fly follow me or watch me. Then why have a flashing purple with white to tell you you have enough satellites to do this in smart mode? Confusing. Solid green and solid purple and when in follow me or watch me a flashing green sequence. no flashing in angle mode.
sorry for the long response.

I became accustomed to seeing the green or purple solid light indicating what mode I was in. Recently I've noticed that the lights will stay on for about 3 or 4 seconds & then flash white before returning to the solid color. I can't find any reference to this pattern. Anyone have any ideas? I still have gps lock and good satellite for both the bird and controller.
My Q500+ has done the same thing since new I assumed that's what they class as solid colour

What I have for an indication on those lights one it could be that you're in a no-fly zone into it could be that you need to recalibrate your craft those would be the two that I can figure out according to the flight schematic as far as lights are concerned if it's a solid white it would be calibration failed and if it's a blinking red and white that means you're in a no-fly zone that's what I see according to the flight schematic

Lol...
It used to mean "No GPS Lock" but that has changed with recent updates.
What the indicator flashes are telling you is that in "Follow me and Watch me" modes, your locked onto enough sats to make that happen.Without the 3 second indicator, your not locked onto enough sats for the modes to work well.
All perfectly normal and good indicators.
Happy flying,
Jafo

My q500 is blinking red and white it cannot fly what could be the problem, i need your help.secondly i cannot access the cgo3 camera on my phone to use the grop

My q500 is blinking red and white it cannot fly what could be the problem, i need your help.secondly i cannot access the cgo3 camera on my phone to use the grop[/ Reagan I had the very similar problems and apparently from all the posts quite a few people had the exact same problem if you have your sheet that shows you the blinking guidelines and what the problem so if it doesn't correspond to that then call yuneec USA I had to send mine in which is been over a month ago and I believe they are probably just getting around to taking a look at it so it's apparently a common problem so there was one Post in here that mentioned about a no-fly zone and then your GPS is locked out I don't know if that's the answer but I tried fixing both of mine and I was not successful so I ended up sending mine in to the company which is under warranty so if yours is fairly new and you have the time you might want to do so but call him first

For sure thats the warning of NO Fly Zone.
A few things 1 correct it could be a no-fly zone 2 did you do all the proper downloads because they're too different downloads for the grip as a matter fact go to the main website go to support and go to downloads check out all the downloads make sure you properly downloaded all the proper material and then check it again resync and another is make sure you have a smartphone

A few things 1 correct it could be a no-fly zone 2 did you do all the proper downloads because they're too different downloads for the grip as a matter fact go to the main website go to support and go to downloads check out all the downloads make sure you properly downloaded all the proper material and then check it again resync and another is make sure you have a smartphone
and in what way has this the do with the Q500 blinking red and white??o_O

I have a q500 with red and yellow flashing light and wont fly and makes a beeping pattern sound what does it mean ? After I replaced my esc chip everything els works fine

did you install the ESC in the GUI. because ohterwhiles it wont work. If you try to disable GPS. if it fires up, you can exclude some things

My Q500 4K does the same thing. I have the Yuneec "UAV Pilot" flight simulator program and use ti to practice flight skills when the I am unable to fly due to weather conditions or other situations which preclude flying the model. The simulation presents the model (Q500 4K or Q500) in normal mode (no system errors acceptable GPS lock etc. In the simulation the main status light illuminates purple for three seconds and white for approximately 1 second and continues this sequence through the flight while the Angle mode is selected. When switched to the Smart mode the sequence is the same withe the exception of colors. In smart mode the main status light will be green for 3 seconds followed by a white lite for approximately 1 second. I feel that they made an error when writing the manual. I think the main status light is supposed to flash as you are seeing it (in Angle mode 3 seconds purple 1 second white and in Smart mode 3 seconds green 1 second white).

I know this is a little late as the last post was in July but I am new to the forum and felt that my observations concerning the main status light sequence as described in the initial post. I hope this was helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval