Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Suggestions for the new DataPilot 2

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello colleagues

This thread is specific for us to put in a quick and summarized way what features or functionalities we would like to see in the new DataPilot 2 that will soon be released.

The new firmware is in beta version and we have the opportunity to make the suggestions that we consider opportune and with a bit of luck, it doesn't have to be when the new version comes out can be in later revisions, they implement them to us.

So that this thread does not become a madness, please, here we limit ourselves only to contribute ideas? Thank you :)

That's it, you start the hostilities.
At least, a correct lace mode that changes us zig-zag. More pleasant for the camera as for us.
And the management of the battery, to make flights without anxiety ....
I reflect for the future .....

• Allow us to choose possible actions in Failsafes (landing, stationary, RTL.....)
  • Battery indicator, allow display of voltage or % on screen, without having to press anything as at present.
  • A different control to indicate the angle in survey missions. It allows you to change it quickly and see the data on screen without having to enter the parameter, enter the data, confirm it and start the process again.
  • Circular missions that allow you to indicate the radius or diameter of the mission, the number of circles indicating the different heights of each circle and determine the inclination of the camera.
  • The Team mode. One controller controls the aircraft and the other controls the camera.
  • Implementing the Histogram
  • Change the mode of the ST16S controls, Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3, Mode 4.
  • A log analysis tool, That allows to reproduce the missions, where it shows the basic parameters, coordinates, velocity, direction and stored directly in the ST16S to be able to locate the aircraft quickly in case of loss.

• Flight zones on the map. Depending on the regulations of each country and depending on the type of air space you can or cannot fly. Option to enable or disable the different flight zones and visualize them with colors.
  • A Record path function - press record and fly a path, this is then saved as either a survey grid perimiter or as a waypoint path.
  • An RTL that follows the reverse route to the fly previously to avoid colliding with obstacles.
  • Survey missions that can track the terrain height profile. That when the elevations in an area are large can follow the contour of the terrain.

Last edited:
  • Ability to import and export shapes. Each shape is a survey zone and concatenate zones.
  • Allow to create softened Waypoints
  • Create a ROI Point. Indicate a point where the camera will point all the time and allow us to move the aircraft freely.

As a caveat, please try to explain why your requested feature(s) need to be added. For example, in law enforcement when using the ET camera to locate a suspect I would like to see a small box automatically locate warm objects in my search area and record their locations on the st16s using gps data (absolutely hypothetical), this allowing me to go back to the log and send personnel into the field to investigate the warm objects detected by the ET camera. By doing this it would save a lot of time and effort in grid searches looking for potential evidence. (Again completely hypothetical).

• Green Arrow! - ever since learning how to use it with the H480, I am missing my little friend when flying the H520. (If it is there and I just haven't figured out how to enable it, please tell me.)
    Reason: when the eyes just can’t, the green arrow leads to home.
  • To actually save camera settings. Thought I read that the H520 is supposed to, but I haven't found the trick. Reason: saving time. Time is money, sometimes!
  • An easy to use interface to connect to the camera with the ability to unload/manage the camera memory card, via another device such as a laptop, tablet, desktop (not the ST16s) without having to remove the card from the camera. More like connecting to a network drive, with the ability to batch copy, rather than the clunky "one file at a time" trick some are able to use via a browser and the camera wireless. Reason: don’t want to be fumbling with the memory cards in the field, or back home/office. Connect and unload; done.

I’ll include a “machine” want here for now until the “H520b” want list starts:

Bring back the big status indicator on the rear of the body (aka H480). Yes, I know the rear motor LEDs of the H520 show the same info. But it’s not always easy to bend this ever-increasingly creaky 6’2” frame low enough to see them (in certain circumstances while on the ground) and definitely easier to see that intermittent white flash (ST16 gots me enough sats) from a distance. Not that I need the white flash for sat count, but I do notice it as more of a beacon when out a ways.

Last edited:
  • The possibility of storing the video signal on the SD card in the St16S itself, eliminating the need for an external recorder.

That's impossible. You do not see the flow of data that will have to be transmitted to the radio especially in 4k. The return is in 720 and is a max for now. In any case, there is a good chance that this flow will be disturbed or cut off. In this case, your video is ****** while on the map, you have nickel.
it's the only thing I do not think about.

That's impossible. You do not see the flow of data that will have to be transmitted to the radio especially in 4k. The return is in 720 and is a max for now. In any case, there is a good chance that this flow will be disturbed or cut off. In this case, your video is ****** while on the map, you have nickel.
it's the only thing I do not think about.

Either I don't explain it well, or you have to sleep more @claudius62 :rolleyes:

The signal is transmitted at 720p. We would all like it to be of a higher quality, even though we can't capture it without being tied to a cable........... nobody talked about transmitting to 4K. The signal is only transmitted in 720p, there is no minimum or maximum.

I read it over and over and I don't know how to put it any other way............

• The possibility of storing the video signal on the SD card in the St16S itself, eliminating the need for an external recorder.

I see the signal on the ST16S screen and at the same time it is recorded on the SD card without having to use an external video recorder, which by the way I already have. If I receive the signal at 720p I can record it at that quality or lower.

The H480 records the video link at 720p onto internal storage as you fly. It's handy for reviewing flights and UAV Toolbox uses it to allow synchronized sharing - where the flight and the map replay are kept in time: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

There are problems with the signal breaking up - strangely it's much worse in the files than it is during flight.

• Possibility to choose whether the video output on the HDMI port is with or without the OSD, regardless of what is shown on the ST16S screen.

Reactions: Haydn
Mode 1 support
Programmable exponential and rates on all primary and camera controls
POI point of interest
Programmable spines
Camera to transition smoothly between waypoints (current turns abruptly at the waypoint)
Follow ST16

I do not think we should dream. There is a good chance that the H520 remains in its juice. Since it came out, not a software modification announcement, except for a foolish update for the battery. Yuneec is silent on the subject of the new features.
I think that if we want these functions, we must aim for the Hplus or buy another brand.
This is only my personal idea, but since September, sister Anne sees nothing coming.pffff.gif

I believe we will get mode change and probably exponential if for no other reason than Yuneec's credibility (real schoolboy error) but after that it's all marketing driven so who knows, I do know that I have a window under law to return mine as not fit for purpose, so hopping it will get fixed and soon but if not its going back

For me it' been covered above,
POI to be able to survey for example a tower or house.
Expo on all flying and camera controls to be able to smooth especially yaw control and gimbal tilt
In Manual control the h520 flies incredibly smooth but in Angle mode it is very jerky in all movements. Please smooth out Angle mode.
On waypoints the transition from one waypoint to the next could be classed in Some cases violent!
Histogram on camera,
More shutter settings
Custom white balance in Kelvin
Exposure bracketing
Sort out distorted lens in dng and video
Fix fuzzy and muddy jpg images
basic needed commercial camera features
To be able to move the gimbal, pan and tilt while on a waypoint mission.
Higher speed needed under certain circumstances
I don't use it but it might be useful is object avoidance actually worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval