Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Swollen Battery, why not date code or serial # or ??

Reaction score
just got an OEM battery for my typhoon H and iirc noticed slightly softish before 1st charge using FACTORY charger.

used for a short 5-10min flight and charged for 2nd time, it is now a hardish swollen battery, would fit in drone but frightens me to think what may happen.

so why are they not date coded or serial #, they are not such cheap items, doubt there are millions of a specific drone batteries, or even a 'batch' code or something in case there is a trend ???

maybe inside the plastic frame there are secret mysterious #'s that normal humans should never ever see, hints of lottery winner #'s or #'s & codes to give to aliens from planet Kolob ?

seems a bit slack to me, yuneec !!

IMHO, all lipos should be stamped with a date of manufacture but doing that makes inventory handling more difficult (rotating inventory) and therefore more costly for manufacturers and distributors. It also makes it more difficult to sell old inventory.

Sorry to say it, but based on some experience with batteries for another model I’ve been anticipating what you experienced to come up with Q-500 and H-480 batteries.

just got an OEM battery for my typhoon H and iirc noticed slightly softish before 1st charge using FACTORY charger.

used for a short 5-10min flight and charged for 2nd time, it is now a hardish swollen battery, would fit in drone but frightens me to think what may happen.

so why are they not date coded or serial #, they are not such cheap items, doubt there are millions of a specific drone batteries, or even a 'batch' code or something in case there is a trend ???

maybe inside the plastic frame there are secret mysterious #'s that normal humans should never ever see, hints of lottery winner #'s or #'s & codes to give to aliens from planet Kolob ?

seems a bit slack to me, yuneec !!

They are serial numbered. Lift up the flap at the end and you will see it.
Then give Yuneec a call and they will replace it if it’s a new battery

Easy as that

thx they hid it well, did not look up and under, handle them in fairly dark room, looked in more obvious places like plastic frame, would be nice to be able to interpret the date of manufacture though.

I do see a pattern, mine are B903 2016 360 ####, 2257 & 2215, the 2257 is the one bulging.

so it could be B for battery, 9 for month or date, 03 for same, 2016 for yr, 360 for batch or manufacturer line, the last 4 seem sequence #.

so in the case of mine, it seems manufacture variation, not many made between no matter what the #'s all mean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02