Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Team Mode for E90 & E30Z - making the Slave ST16S gimbal control less sensitive (reduce gain / rates of camera control)

Reaction score
I have tried team mode on my H520 with an E90 camera, but my photographer says the gimbal controls on the slave unit are far too sensitive. The rate of the main sticks can be adjusted with the right hand turtle/hare slider knob for aircraft control, but this makes no difference to the gimbal movement control on the second controller when in team mode.

Anyone know how to do it? Can it be adjusted if I venture into the SDK?

(If there is no way of reducing the gimbal rates, then controlling the E30Z camera with its 30x zoom for inspection work would be completely impossible when using team mode. That camera will require precise gimbal control to be usable.)

The rate of the main sticks can be adjusted with the right hand turtle/hare slider knob for aircraft control, but this makes no difference to the gimbal movement control on the second controller when in team mode.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but your statement is somewhat ambiguous,. Please clarify that you have tried the turtle/hare slider knob on the second ST16s. This works on the H Plus system, the camera operator has control of the gimbal rates on the second controller using the rate knob. The camera operator should also have a choice between conventional gimbal control knobs and joy stick operation.

Reactions: Whisperit
It's annoying with the E90 camera, but utterly ridiculous to bring out a 30x zoom camera without sophisticated expo and rate control of the gimbal.

So, the only way to use E30z would be to try to aim the gimbal at low zoom and then magnify and hope you aimed at the target correctly!?!? All whilst flying your drone near a mast/building and trying not to look incompetent in front of the client!!

£3000+ for a camera that is impossible to accurately control? Maybe better off finding a secondhand DJI Matrice and Z30 - could be about the same cost and you'd have the control.

Anyone actually managed to try the E30Z yet?

(DCH: the turtle/hare knob makes no difference to gimbal rate on the second ST16S for the H520)

If I'm not mistaken in the advanced editing mode there is the possibility to modify the command with exponential mode on all sticks and proportional controls

• Wow
Hi,
Are there any news about this topic ?
I see that there is an SDK to develop application for H520 (see Yuneec Developers website). Perhaps it will be possible to try that. What do you think about ?

does this help?
Those videos are for the Typhoon H and ST16 not the H520 and ST16S. They are totally different systems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop