Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Test fly non-oem rotors

Reaction score
Noob to the forum. I've noticed some opinions about non-OEM rotor blades being of questionable durability and OEM blades being in short supply. Just picked up a used Q500 from my son that has no spare blades. Does anyone have any experience with test flying a Q500 with new blades while anchored to the ground to verify whether some newly purchased non-OEM blades will survive?

With due consideration that non-Yuneec props may not be the best idea from the lowest cost provider, I have ordered a couple of pairs of OEM Yuneec props from Vertigo drones. I am aware that little breakages at altitude can cause the entire ship to be destroyed. I would like to void that pain. Hence the number of 'used' drones for sale as parts. My heritage when reliability is in question is test, test, and test again. Thank you for your consideration.

I've never tethered a drone to the ground to test props, but it might be a worthy effort.
I'm thinking this kind of test should be relatively short. It might overheat motors since the there will be a high load and very little air flow thru the motors.
OEM props are, of course, the best solution. But they are indeed getting harder to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval