Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

tether power drone

It's quite an interesting possibility, looks like it was available for H480. Couldn't see why it wouldn't be for H520 too.

I'm sure a google search if your US will bring up something.

Last edited:
The trick in a home made rig is the gauge and resulting weight of the wire.

I own a Typhoon H and the Hoverfly system. It’s absolutely awesome. The system uses a unit the same dimensions as the stock battery to get power to the drone. This unit has a small battery source that will allow you to land the drone if there is an interruption of power they the tether. The power unit, built in a Pelican style case includes a spool with the power cord/tether that is 150ft long. One end connects to the power unit, and the other connects to the battery port unit. The power unit and case weighs about 25-30 lbs. Power to the case comes via a power cord that plugs into a 110v outlet or extension cord. I found the Hoverfly unit and Typhoon for sale by a video production company via Amazon last year. They had bought the package from Hoverfly in 2018 and never used it. Everything was still in the original boxes. Needless to say, They wanted to unload the system fast. I paid $1,000 for the complete package.
I use the unit to film practice the football team that I coach. I normally have the drone in the air for 45-60 minutes non stop. So far no issues during flight/hover while using the unit.

Last edited:
I own a Typhoon H and the Hoverfly system. It’s absolutely awesome. The system uses a unit the same dimensions as the stock battery to get power to the drone. This unit has a small battery source that will allow you to land the drone if there is an interruption of power they the tether. The power unit, built in a Pelican style case includes a spool with the power cord/tether that is 150ft long. One end connects to the power unit, and the other connects to the battery port unit. The power unit and case weighs about 25-30 lbs. Power to the case comes via a power cord that plugs into a 110v outlet or extension cord. I found the Hoverfly unit and Typhoon for sale by a video production company via Amazon last year. They had bought the package from Hoverfly in 2018 and never used it. Everything was still in the original boxes. Needless to say, They wanted to unload the system fast. I paid $1,000 for the complete package.
I use the unit to film practice the football team that I coach. I normally have the drone in the air for 45-60 minutes non stop. So far no issues during flight/hover while using the unit.
Any chance you could post some pictures of the connection to the H, the wire gauge, and the ground station?
Us DIY guys may want to reverse engineer our own kits.
That kit is top scale. The tether cable is high voltage so it can be a light gauge. The H end then has a 16V transformer/rectifier. The designer likes Tesla.

Last edited:

thanks and have you more information about the voltage
I suspect the design started with what cable choices were available.
The target would be best watts per weight of a desired length.
Then the voltage would be determined by that cable's specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece