Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH camera output - jpg file sizes

Reaction score
I spent the day flying my TH against my brothers DJI Advanced to compare images and sadly when zooming in on distance objects (say 1/2 mile or greater) the PA's images produce sharper pictures, although overall, the color quality was better from the TH.

One thing I noticed was that the jpg files that were produced varied greatly in file sizes...some of my jpg files were 300k and some were 5mb. What would cause the camera to produce images that had such a big range?

Auto settings don't work well on the CGO3+. You need to manually set up your shots keeping the ISO as low as possible. Using a Freewell ND filter in bright light will help tremendously.

I spent the day flying my TH against my brothers DJI Advanced to compare images and sadly when zooming in on distance objects (say 1/2 mile or greater) the PA's images produce sharper pictures, although overall, the color quality was better from the TH.

One thing I noticed was that the jpg files that were produced varied greatly in file sizes...some of my jpg files were 300k and some were 5mb. What would cause the camera to produce images that had such a big range?
You may have taken some of the jpegs while in video mode so the files are very small because they are a single frame of video. Make sure you are in photo mode before taking stills. It's a common mistake specially if you're used to dji interface.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis