Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Pro gimbal tilting

Reaction score
Ok so after many gimbal recalibrations, rebinding and recalibration I still have a tilting on my gimbal about 2 degs'

It has been there since day one so doesn't seem to be influenced by the firmware updates, attached photo was taken just after a gimbal calibration without moving the drone the tilting can be seen by the top of the charger placed in front of the camera.
I also have a video which I'm trying to get uploaded which shows a very strange gimbal movement about 35 seconds in. The gimbal shows a sudden tilt of about 20-30 degs' whilst flying around it stayed like this until landing and changing the battery.

Any thoughts'?

Attachments

• YUN00011.jpg
    YUN00011.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Perhaps you try shimming the right side of the Th so that the display is level with the charging station, then re-calibrate the gimbal.
This may correct the offset, and since you don't need to perform this calibration that often, it would be an additional process that applies only to your craft.
You really have nothing to lose, since you could always re-calibrate on a level surface if your not pleased.

Ok so after many gimbal recalibrations, rebinding and recalibration I still have a tilting on my gimbal about 2 degs'

It has been there since day one so doesn't seem to be influenced by the firmware updates, attached photo was taken just after a gimbal calibration without moving the drone the tilting can be seen by the top of the charger placed in front of the camera.
I also have a video which I'm trying to get uploaded which shows a very strange gimbal movement about 35 seconds in. The gimbal shows a sudden tilt of about 20-30 degs' whilst flying around it stayed like this until landing and changing the battery.

Any thoughts'?
Your video is private.

Hi Cap,

Can you see it now ?
Yes. Your problem seems similar to one that was mentioned sometime ago. I don't recall if there ever was a fix. You've done all the calibrations so not sure what the issue is... loose wire, bad connection. I'm sure you've taken the camera off and put it back on securely making sure contacts are good. If you have some electronic contact cleaner you could try spraying some on the contacts (can't hurt at this point).

I would just call Yuneec (email them the video link and open an RA). Send them your camera and have them send you a replacement.

Hey Cap,
One other thing to consider is, the calibration of the GImbal may be working perfectly however, the camera inside the gimbal may not be installed correctly, and if the camera is not level with the Gimbal, then you will never correct this.
If you could try the following test, it may be the solution to your problem;
1. grab another shot like you did with the battery charger base in front of the camera.
2. shim the side of the Th so that the picture appears completely level with the battery charger.
3. when you shim it, make sure that the nose and tail of the Th is perfectly level, your goal is to only shim up the right side of the craft.
4. perform a gimbal calibration, and then show us your results.

It would not appear that by doing this that you X&Y axis wold be screwed up while rotating, the only anomaly would be that the gimbal make look slightly not level, but wouldn't you rather have level pictures rather than a level looking gimbal?

Good Luck!

Tape a Nickel to the other side :) flipping the Gimbal level down to G and back up to F make help I calibrate with the lever in the F position

Hi will try calibrating with an offset tomorrow and see if we get an aceptable result. I am a little concerned about the sudden shift whilst flying though as this is more than 30degs'. Do you think this maybee down to faulty connections in the slider plate? or something moving in the gimbal motor assembly?

Hi I have come across one thread that would suggest on the older cg03 there is a weight in the rear pivot on the gimbal that can be turned to 'tune' the weight balance.? Not at home for a coupe of days but will have a good look there on Friday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone