Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thanks From Iceland to a Couple of Great Guys

Reaction score
We've had horrible weather recently lots of rain and gale force winds when it wasn't raining...I'd like to thank Olaf Groeneveld at copter EU who lives in Germany as well as Birgir Þór Kristinsson who lives in Iceland for helping me out. Speaking of helping me out my email to Yuneec USA and Yuneec UK about has gone unanswered for over two weeks...the only thing I got was an email from Yuneec USA asking me how I like the support I received on my last email...the one they never answered. I needed some parts which my wife could have brought over but neither the UK or USA responded in time since she flies over tomorrow for Christmas.

The Yuneec community of flyers and dealers has been great to get to know. Olaf is sending me some parts and Birgir was kind enough to send me a detailed Google map so I could go to some stores looking for parts in Reykjavik before my business appointment there. I've got a few weeks left here so hopefully I'll be able to get some good drone footage but I just wanted to thank those two guys who have gone above and beyond to help me out. A big shout out to Peau for the 8.2 and 3.9 lenses and to Carolina Dronz for rapidly shipping the new extended range antenna in time before I left the US a month ago. Attached a drone shot in very dark conditions taken with Peau 3.9 lensDrone Waterfall Cave-00054.jpg

Thanks to Steve one of the moderators on Yuneec Pilots for providing moral support...by the way here is the problem I'm having, this part is loose and cannot be tightened...I sent an explanation and the photo to Yuneec UK and USA and never heard back about a solution, it is wobbling in flight and causing vibration.Loose Part.jpg

Last edited:
Mickey,

Remove the coupling and gear foot. Scuff the end of the carbon gear leg with some Scotchbrite or 000 steel wool. Clean it with alcohol afterwards. Your favorite brand will do;). Apply a liberal amount of clear silicone inside the coupling and around the end of the gear leg. Reassemble and let stand for 12 hours. An alternate is to use CA glue and make it a permanent bond. CA and carbon fiber love each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pat thanks very much...I will try that...I think I can scarf up those materials tomorrow here. Hey there were some "nature photographers" from Mt. Hood area here the other day...I told them about you.

As far as removing the coupling it appears to be stamped together how would I remove it?

Is that a screw? I thought they were rivets. I was thinking of making my legs telescope for airline travel and could not see how to get them loose.

I think it is stamped...I've found nothing that fits which will loosen or tighten it...ever when I gaffer taped it heavily it still wouldn't hold....

Perhaps you can tighten it with a center punch and anvil. Otherwise maybe drill it out and replace it with a screw and nut.

Yes but I'm Iceland right now...how about Yuneec sending me a replacement part...I don't have access to tools other than what I've brought with me...it's not a design which strikes me as very practical.

Best way for Yuneec to send a replacement would be to send the entire landing gear assembly for one side. A couple screws permits it to slide out of the body. I do not believe Yuneec inventories the coupling by itself. If you are not adverse to making the foot a permanent part of the gear assembly you might obtain some thin CA from a local hobby supplier and wick it down into the coupling. Do that in a warm environment, use a pair of latex gloves, and have a quantity of acetone on hand to perform clean up. The stuff is super, super thin and will run all over the place if you apply it too quickly. Place a couple layers of wax paper between the gear and whatever it will be standing on.

If you end up in a situation where the CA needs to be built up you might also consider obtaining some CA Kicker, or accelerator, from that hobby supplier. Squirt a layer of CA then spray some kicker on it. Don't breath the smoke that always wisps from thin CA when the accelerator makes contact:( One of the trade names is Zip Kicker. Worst case Tower Hobbies could have the stuff to you in a couple of days.

Thanks Pat, when I get home I know some engineers who work at Trek and use carbon fiber ( we like to refer to it as carpet fiber) and fabricated it on an almost daily basis they can help me if I have to go that route.

Hi Mickeyboo, Sorry to hear about the situation you are in, which is further compounded by your geographical location.
Great to hear that there are a some people out there who were able to jump in to help you out - that's what the RC community should be all about. Hope you get back in the air soon and hope that the weather lifts a little as well.

We've had horrible weather recently lots of rain and gale force winds when it wasn't raining...I'd like to thank Olaf Groeneveld at copter EU who lives in Germany as well as Birgir Þór Kristinsson who lives in Iceland for helping me out. Speaking of helping me out my email to Yuneec USA and Yuneec UK about has gone unanswered for over two weeks...the only thing I got was an email from Yuneec USA asking me how I like the support I received on my last email...the one they never answered. I needed some parts which my wife could have brought over but neither the UK or USA responded in time since she flies over tomorrow for Christmas.

The Yuneec community of flyers and dealers has been great to get to know. Olaf is sending me some parts and Birgir was kind enough to send me a detailed Google map so I could go to some stores looking for parts in Reykjavik before my business appointment there. I've got a few weeks left here so hopefully I'll be able to get some good drone footage but I just wanted to thank those two guys who have gone above and beyond to help me out. A big shout out to Peau for the 8.2 and 3.9 lenses and to Carolina Dronz for rapidly shipping the new extended range antenna in time before I left the US a month ago. Attached a drone shot in very dark conditions taken with Peau 3.9 lensView attachment 4342

Thanks to Steve one of the moderators on Yuneec Pilots for providing moral support...by the way here is the problem I'm having, this part is loose and cannot be tightened...I sent an explanation and the photo to Yuneec UK and USA and never heard back about a solution, it is wobbling in flight and causing vibration.View attachment 4343

Mickeyboo, how do you like the Carolina Dronz antennnas? Can you see an improvement?

Mickeyboo, how do you like the Carolina Dronz antennnas? Can you see an improvement?
I like them but I always fly line of site so I don't really notice a difference....since my distances away from me are not that great. It's a great design travels well and installs quickly. The stock antennas threaded
tightening always seemed to get loose and this doesn't happen with the Itelite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis