Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The 107 Jobs Are Coming!

Reaction score

Brent,

We are excited to announce that you have now been approved as a Qualified DroneBase Pilot. You can now see your status as approved in your Dashboard Account.

When a job comes up in your area, we will notify you of the opportunity including the location, scope of work and amount that you will receive upon successful completion of the job after our team reviews the uploaded data. Customer demand will vary by region and location. We ask for your patience as we roll out out platform and service to a wide range of customer verticals and geographies.

In the meantime, we have created a few training videos on basic flying maneuvers on our YouTube Channel.

We like to remind our pilots to “make something worth watching” since the videos and images that you will be capturing will be used for professional and commercial purposes. The flying must be executed slowly and smoothly, with minimal sudden or jerky movements. The output cannot have fish-eye distortion.

We ask that all video be shot in 4k, unless 1080p is specified. All images should be uploaded as JPGs and all video as MP4s.

Lastly, our engineers are hard at work to build more functionality and features within your Pilot Dashboard. You will soon be able to view information on jobs, see your total earnings, upload drone imagery via the site, and communicate directly with the customer.

Thank you again for becoming a Qualified DroneBase Pilot. We are excited to get you paid to fly your drone!

DroneBase Team
I am Brent!

Last edited:

Brent,

We are excited to announce that you have now been approved as a Qualified DroneBase Pilot. You can now see your status as approved in your Dashboard Account.

When a job comes up in your area, we will notify you of the opportunity including the location, scope of work and amount that you will receive upon successful completion of the job after our team reviews the uploaded data. Customer demand will vary by region and location. We ask for your patience as we roll out out platform and service to a wide range of customer verticals and geographies.

In the meantime, we have created a few training videos on basic flying maneuvers on our YouTube Channel.

We like to remind our pilots to “make something worth watching” since the videos and images that you will be capturing will be used for professional and commercial purposes. The flying must be executed slowly and smoothly, with minimal sudden or jerky movements. The output cannot have fish-eye distortion.

We ask that all video be shot in 4k, unless 1080p is specified. All images should be uploaded as JPGs and all video as MP4s.

Lastly, our engineers are hard at work to build more functionality and features within your Pilot Dashboard. You will soon be able to view information on jobs, see your total earnings, upload drone imagery via the site, and communicate directly with the customer.

Thank you again for becoming a Qualified DroneBase Pilot. We are excited to get you paid to fly your drone!

DroneBase Team
I am Brent!
This available in Canada you think?

I've seen several companies offering middle man/broker services to find work for UAS pilots. I'm thinking this is rapidly going to lead to a race to the bottom with the contracts going to the cheapest pilots.

Reactions: Markinter
I've seen several companies offering middle man/broker services to find work for UAS pilots. I'm thinking this is rapidly going to lead to a race to the bottom with the contracts going to the cheapest pilots.
You could be right! Then they will form a sUAS Union to control pricing! LOL! hey I fly on my own, but if I get a job here and there from them for $65-$85 per hour, I can live with that!

Seems like customers will want the cheapest option creative types may be priced out of the market. Time will tell. Drone Mart

That's exactly how it's gonna go. Think.... fiverr

Uber for Drone pilots. Anybody ever drive for Uber? I did, for 3 hours mostly as an experiment and it was fun. Was busy the whole time. I was able to break even on car expenses with nothing left over for me. Better way would be to build relationships with firms that need the service. Insurance adjusters, tower operators, contractors. Etc Etc.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
I am doing the "already current pilot with a valid bi annual track". I will be taking that last course this week or next.

Seems like customers will want the cheapest option creative types may be priced out of the market. Time will tell. Drone Mart
"I know" customers are smart enough to go for the quickest, most reliable choices and by "word of mouth" quality customer service! Every product and service out there is competitive, not just this service and many have thrived for years. !

Uber for Drone pilots. Anybody ever drive for Uber? I did, for 3 hours mostly as an experiment and it was fun. Was busy the whole time. I was able to break even on car expenses with nothing left over for me. Better way would be to build relationships with firms that need the service. Insurance adjusters, tower operators, contractors. Etc Etc.
What? drive to China to film? I would take a job over 50 miles from me! And there are thousands of farms surround me in a 25 mile radius. Even flying on my own, keeps me busy as I want to be at this moment in the plans I have!

Having done photography professionally for over 45 years I do not need someone else to find work for me and take "a piece of the action". The bottom feeders will always come and go but I'm not paid because I own a drone but because my clients recognize they are paying for a creative fee, delivering the most compelling content on deadline with reliability.

www.michaelkienitz.com

Having done photography professionally for over 45 years I do not need someone else to find work for me and take "a piece of the action". The bottom feeders will always come and go but I'm not paid because I own a drone but because my clients recognize they are paying for a creative fee, delivering the most compelling content on deadline with reliability.

www.michaelkienitz.com
That is very good Mickey! I to do not need others to find me jobs, but I will take extra work from "Anyone" if times are slow! I have a son to educate and the fees of Universities are not what a person born with a "Plastic Spoon in His Mouth" can easily afford! And I am not paid because I have a drone, but because I am"Good":cool:

I have no kids thank goodness with regard to college costs....that is one of the saddest situations in our country. When I went to college it cost $235 a semester. I wish you the best of luck in however you make money with your drone. I was addressing those who thought drone agencies would drive price down, in some respects perhaps that's true but the kind of clients who look at price first and quality second are not the kind I need work from. I'm happy to see the 107 option.

Agree and I
I have no kids thank goodness with regard to college costs....that is one of the saddest situations in our country. When I went to college it cost $235 a semester. I wish you the best of luck in however you make money with your drone. I was addressing those who thought drone agencies would drive price down, in some respects perhaps that's true but the kind of clients who look at price first and quality second are not the kind I need work from. I'm happy to see the 107 option.
was more addressing others that state the decline , which quality customers is like you, all I am concerned about! Thanks Mickey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval