Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The bird will go purple, but not green!

Reaction score
Been a while since I first posted, and it's been one **** of a learning curve for this Newbie. However, given all I've learned, I have'nt learned enough.

I pose this question to the guru's, or anyone who can help.
Q500 4k is new from the kitchen table up. GUI shows green across the board.
Calibration. battery levels, audible chirps, and my wife's attitude are golden, but she wont go solid green. She is solid purple in smart mode, solid purple with occasional white in angle. Just as Yuneec outlines. However,she never goes solid green, and therefore, wont start. Led translation says. "Smart mode with GPS locked"? Question, I updated Bird (1.07} and controller (st10plusb31 etc} at the same time. My thought is I should downgrade controller back to b21.... Any thoughts before Im forced to sell this bird? lol

Anything in Smart mode should be Green. Not Purple.
Anything in Angle mode will be Purple.
RTH is flashing Red's.
So you only had this problem after the update ? Since the update, you haven't been able to start or fly that bird, clearly indicating a problem with the update ??
Before trying to revert to an older version (Which is in no way as easy as it sounds) try the update procedures again with the latest firmware for both.
This time, rebind everything and then recalibrate all again.
Let us know what happens.
Good luck,
:)

Been a while since I first posted, and it's been one **** of a learning curve for this Newbie. However, given all I've learned, I have'nt learned enough.
I pose this question to the guru's, or anyone who can help.
Q500 4k is new from the kitchen table up. GUI shows green across the board.
Calibration. battery levels, audible chirps, and my wife's attitude are golden, but she wont go solid green. She is solid purple in smart mode, solid purple with occasional white in angle. Just as Yuneec outlines. However,she never goes solid green, and therefore, wont start. Led translation says. "Smart mode with GPS locked"? Question, I updated Bird (1.07} and controller (st10plusb31 etc} at the same time. My thought is I should downgrade controller back to b21.... Any thoughts before Im forced to sell this bird? lol
It's not time to sell just yet. I need more information to help you with this, but first a couple of basics:
You must be outside and have good satellite numbers before you can start. If you are in Smart mode you must be at least 30' away from the Q. When you move the switch from Smart-Angle-Home the status light should change: Green-Purple-Red. The occasional white flash means you have good GPS lock.

So when you are outside and boot up the ST10 and then the Q500 and wait a few minutes for connection, what do you see in the telemetry on the left and right? Number of sats, battery voltage, altitude etc. On the upper right side you should see the number of sats for the ST10. Does everything look similar to this picture?

ST10 Screen.jpg

Absolutely the same, and thank you for your responese. Love this bird and Im not given up!! I was concerned that the "ready" indicator (top left) was blue. I see thats the same also

The colors that change are the status light on the back of the Q under the battery. What do you see it doing?

Flight light flashes red, blue, green, once. Then goes solid green. then flashes purple in sequence with the motor lights. Flight light goes solid purple when motor lights go static

Alright. That looks normal except for the battery voltage. Don't try to fly unless the voltage is 12.5 or 12.6.

What does the status light do when you change modes from Smart-Angle-Home?

OK, this might be a clue for you. ( I cant believe I didnt try this sooner) I bought 3 crashed 4k's during this newbie learning process. The new gps just arrived which completes my 2nd 4k. Same exact thing. Everything is golden except no solid green. But, I remember heraing about an upgrade problem with th controllers. Is there any truth in that? I just upgraded this (the only one i have) controller from st10plusb21 to b32. Pardon the syntax.

Alright. That looks normal except for the battery voltage. Don't try to fly unless the voltage is 12.5 or 12.6.

What does the status light do when you change modes from Smart-Angle-Home?
I wont. Solid purple in Smart. Solid purple with intermittent white in Angle

Hmm....not sure what's going on. I haven't heard any problems with firmware updates. Did you just download this update from the Yuneec web site?

The latest file was Build st10+v01b31c

Did you follow the instructions included with the download?

These are the files you should have on the sd card for updating:

Files for sdcard.jpg

Last edited:
correct. There site only. Can I downgrade for test purposes? If so, any place I can get archive firmware? Hmm The tx upgrade file says st10plus_tx_b32.bin and my build # is st10+v01b31c. Also I did not upgrade an rf file??

Going back and checking instructions to see if I missed something. I really appreciate your time Steve

Anything in Smart mode should be Green. Not Purple.
Anything in Angle mode will be Purple.
RTH is flashing Red's.
So you only had this problem after the update ? Since the update, you haven't been able to start or fly that bird, clearly indicating a problem with the update ??
Before trying to revert to an older version (Which is in no way as easy as it sounds) try the update procedures again with the latest firmware for both.
This time, rebind everything and then recalibrate all again.
Let us know what happens.
Good luck,
:)
Will do!

Well, sadly, no difference in the reinstall of the firmware. Now I can start her up and fly her(barely) in angle mode, but no solid green .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold